Chapter Eleven

Dinner time was around earlier than I expected. What threw me off more was that him and his mother wanted me to stay. With Sohee, I'd always be sent home before dinner because her mother strongly believed that I should eat with my own family. Funny, because we never had a 'family dinner'.

Though that would be nice.

Byungjoo was making my own plate for me, even after I've insisted to do it myself. Something tells me he might've picked up on my 'diet'.

After getting situated, Byungjoo sat beside me at the table whilst his mother across. She smiled sweetly as I took a small bite from the dish. "So tell me about yourself, Hansol."

I side-glanced at the other male in the room before blinking frantically, "Uh, well, I'm, uh–"

"He's shy." Byungjoo spoke out, his mother forming a much brighter smile.

"Oh," she singsonged, continuing on her food.

Four equally small bites later, I was getting nauseous. I set my chopsticks down quickly and played it off like I was just taking a sip of water. Though, when I put the cup down, I wasn't sure what to do. If I ate anymore, I'd probably get sick. That's the last thing I want to do at someone else's house, especially Byungjoo's.

I must've made it obvious, since I felt a hand on my shoulder and Byungjoo say to me, "If you can't eat anymore, then don't."

I glanced at him and then his mother, scared rather to push the food aside and let it be wasted. I hesitantly nodded. "I can't, I-I'm sorry." I looked at his mother with guilt.

Although, surprisingly, she still looked content. "That's okay, sweetie. Don't stress it."

After dinner, it was around six, Byungjoo practically begged for me to stay longer. Honestly, I couldn't say no to him even if I wanted to, so I did stay. There we were again, huddled up next to each other on his bed. I'm still doubting his acts of friendliness as he asks me another specific question. "Hansol, you don't starve yourself, right?" His voice almost seemed like it was cracking.

Oh, how I could not have answered this even more scared.

"I'm ... I'm really not the best."

"Hansol." Byungjoo's tone was stern and I flinched, kind of expecting him to hit me. He mumbled an apology but continued. "You can't do that; you'll end up sick in the hospital or maybe even dead."

"I know I can, which just makes it harder to stop." He didn't respond to that, shifting over to face me. Our knees brushed against each other from sitting crisscrossed, which made me want to slide away from a fit of butterflies in the stomach.

He leaned forward, his hands following up to meet the sides of my face. I felt his fingers trail to behind my ears, picking at the strings that held my mask in place. Half of me wanted to stop him but, the other half was enjoying it. Soon enough he indeed removed the fabric that covered more cuts and scars. His expression only grew more devastated, his eyes darting around my face.

His fingers dropped to my face, gently tracing over the dark lines. It hurt, but not as much as usual. He leaned closer, hands falling to lace with mine and soft lips pressing against the scars of my left cheek. My eyes widened and breath hitched as he kissed the other. More butterflies fluttered about in my stomach.

"I'm so sorry," Byungjoo whispered against my cheek.

I fought against the lump in my throat to return a whisper. "It's okay."

He pulled back and touched foreheads with me, my eyes drifting up to his. I felt his arms wrap around my torso just before he closed his eyes and carefully locked lips with me.

- eveN LOUDER SCREAMING -

it's p late here in al, but here i am listening to wolf in sheep's clothing and writing a sweet little scene

those two things are very opposite from each other omf