Chapter 26

[Dion]

I put my last kilo of weed on the back of the truck and gave the driver the okay to leave.

I know I wasn't supposed to get back into this shit, but my baby wants a extravagant wedding and I'm gonna give her that, plus we have a baby on the way, even more of a reason to sell again.

My baby called me earlier, sounded like she was crying, so of course I gotta put this shit on hold and go check on her.

I sped all the way to the airport, no bags no nothing.

"1 ticket to California. I need the next one going out."

"The next flight to California leaves in 5 minutes. " the attendant says.

"I can make it."

I rip the ticket from her hand and took off through the airport.

I made it to the plane just in time.

I got in a seat and tried to relax myself.

Thoughts ran through my mind the entire flight.

Something isn't right.

Once I touched down in cali I called my nigga Raheem to come scoop me up.

"I ain't seen ya baby mom's in a minute, she good? " he spoke up.

"Shit.. man I don't even know that's why I'm back so soon. I thought I told you Niggas to check up on her while I was gone. Y'all obviously ain't doing ya jobs."

"We went there earlier and she wasn't there. "

I clinched my fist and tried to calm down.

I decided to call drea.

"You at home? " I asked.

"I'm at the beach house. " her voice was frail.

"Alright. I'll be there in a minute baby. Is there anything you need before I get there? "

"Some ice cream would be fine. "

"Drop me off at the crib, ima drive my own shit. " I tell raheem.

"iight."

I picked her up some ice cream and began the long drive out to the beach house.

I prayed to God that everything would be okay when I arrived.

As I pulled in the parking lot of the beach I saw her in the distance curled up looking at the moon.

"Honey I'm home! " I yell out to put a smile on her face.

She smiled faintly.

I immediately touched her stomach, which didn't feel so hard anymore.

I swallowed hard.

She dropped her head and started crying. Then I knew from there. It was exactly what I thought.

"I'm so sorry Dion.. I'm so sorry baby. I swear I did everything I was supposed to! I took my vitamins, went to every appointment, I wasnt stressin' , they said Delilah was healthy! I don't know what happened. Baby I'm so sorry! " she held onto my hands.

Tears fell from my eyes as I pulled her as close as I could.

"Its okay baby girl! We gone be okay alright? Stop all that crying. We good g. Calm down alright. "

I tried to be strong for her.

"I feel like its all my fault dion! "

"It's not baby girl. Everything happens for a reason kid, she's In a better place Dre. We cant be sad, she's in paradise Dre. We'll see her again some day. "

I dried her tears.

Maybe.. we weren't ready for a child of our own just yet. In due time it'll happen for us.

I picked her up and carried her in the house.

I laid her down and rocked her to sleep.

She needed to be comforted, and thats exactly what I was gonna do.

The next day I slowly slipped from underneath her and went out to get us something to eat.

Chick fil a is her favorite so that was a Must.

When I got back home she was still knocked out.

"Babycakes. Wake up girl. " I shook her lightly.

"Morning. " she smiled.

"Its 2:00 in the afternoon baby girl " I laughed.

"Damnn! How you let me sleep that long? I don't even remember going to sleep. "

Her crying herself to sleep last night replayed in my mind.

I pushed the thought out my my head and sat her food down.

"I got you your favorite. " I smirk at her.

"Thanks so much baby. I really appreciate it. I had been...craving.. this..."

I shook my head.

She scarfed down her food and hopped in the shower.

Soon after I followed her in.

Watching the soap suds run down her slim figure always got me going.

I damn near wanna make another baby in this shower.

Once we were out of the shower we sat in the bed cuddled up smoking hella blunts.

Lord knows I missed this girl while I was away.

"Baby.. are you angry that we lost Delilah? " she asked quietly.

It hadn't sank in just yet to be honest..

"No Dre. I'm not angry. Everything happens for a reason, my moms always taught me to never question the actions of the lord. It does hurt tho.. it hurts a lot. But we'll get through it. We'll have years and years to make thirty babies. "

I tickle her neck to make her giggle.

"I just been beating myself up for it so much lately. " she sighed.

"But your absolutely right. " she smiled and snuggled up closer to Me.

We stayed in the beach house for 7 days. Kevin kept yoheaven for us. Those days felt like years.

But in a good way.

We got to talk and vybe and have quality time with each other.

We both comforted each other and it was lovely.

It was definitely gonna take some time to get back to normalcy, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes.