Chapter Sixteen

Alrighty lovelies!!!! Here's chapter 16 hope you enjoy!!!! 

Shelly's POV

Monday at school was awkward to say the least. Not only was I getting even more glares from Olivia and her minions, but Kyle was still acting weird. If Kyle wasn't around then Kc was, or Mike, or Victor, all of them had the same look on their face.

I tried to get Kc to tell me what the big deal was, but the only thing he would say is that Kyle would explain in time. Well you know what?! I don't have the patients to sit around and wait. Something was seriously wrong, and it was bad enough that Kyle had told Kc. What the hell!

Today I was meeting Mike to start our tutoring. As per our deal I was making him dinner. Mike told me at lunch that he wanted lasagna, which I luckily knew how to make. Maybe Kc told Mike what's going on, I could get him to tell me.

I pulled up to my house with Mike right behind me in his car. I get out of the car slinging my bag over my arm as Mike walks over to me.

"Nice house," Mike said. "Lets get this over with. Can't have Kyle thinking I'm making a move on you."

"Ptts," I say "Kyle knows what's going on." We walk inside and my moms sitting on the couch.

"Whose this Shelly?" My mom asked looking Mike over.

"This is Mike. He's helping me study." I reply.

"Oh, OK. How is you and Kyle doing?" She asked. She's been asking how Kyle and I are ever since Saturday, even insisting that I always stay over at his place. It was rather odd, and went along with my suspicion that something was wrong.

"We're fine," I grab Mike's hand and drag him towards the kitchen. "We're going to study." I holler over my shoulder.

With a groan I pull out my trig and get started. As Mike tried to explain everything to me I could feel my IQ going down. My brain just shut off and I didn't even try to make any sense to the jumbled up letters and numbers.

After an hour I finally had enough. I scooted my chair back and began assembling dinner. As I'm putting the layers down, I start thinking of all the weirdness going on.

"Has kc told you why Kyle is always around and acting like a bodyguard?" I blurt out.

I look up to see Mike's reaction to my question. He stiffens his shoulder and a look of hatred flashes across his face. He knows.

"Mike, what is it?" He has to tell me. If he didn't no one would and I'm going crazy!

"Shelly," Mike says quietly looking back at me. "I can't tell you. Yes I know what's going on, but Kyle made me promise not to tell. And you really dont want to know. Just let him tell you when the time is right."

"Seriously!" I screeched. "Why does everyone else get to know?! Is it bad? Can you at least tell me that much?"

"Did you just stomp your foot? Real mature Shelly." He says shaking his head. "It is bad. But nothing to worry about. I can't tell you anything else."

It's bad. How bad? Like, duck and cover bad, or run as fast as you can in the opposite direction bad? I just want to know why I always have someone around me all the time!

After dinner Mike said goodbye and heads home with the leftovers.

"Hey Shelly," mom said quietly. "Can we talk?" 

"Sure," I replied as I started the dishwasher.

"How much do you like Kyle?" What the hell? Where is this going?

"I like him a lot. Although he's been acting weird since Saturday." I say with a shrug. And just like that my worries about what's going come back. Just great.