Chapter Twenty-Eight

Shelly's POV

I'm out with my mom getting last minute Christmas presents at the mall and of course its packed with others doing the exact same thing. Kyle had told me he already has my present so I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find his even though he told me not to get him anything. Yeah right! If he's getting me something then so was I was getting him something.

I step inside my third store, Game stop, and start looking around. I know Kyle has an Xbox, but the problem was getting him something he didn't already have. I swear that boy has every game, accessory, and add on there was to have. So my question is, what do you get for someone that has everything? 

I walk over to the 'New Release' section and continue my attempt to out shop him. As I browse over the collection I spot a new game I know he doesn't have. The only reason I know he doesn't have it is because it came out yesterday. I gotta admit, having a popular game come out two days before Christmas was a brilliant idea. Whoever came up with the genius advertising deserves a raise.

I pluck the last copy off the shelf before anyone else can and go to pay for it. Connor had given me 100 bucks to get Kyle something. His exact words were, "Get your baby daddy something good." To this of course I busted up laughing, almost peeing myself in the process. Thanks Connor! Ever since our little heart-to-heart I'd become closer to him. He really was a great guy and my mom was lucky to have married him. 

As I walk out, with the best present ever, I make my way to the food court where I was to meet back up with my mom. She of course was shopping for Connor. I swear, me and her were so much alike, both leavening the shopping for our significant others until absolute last. Walking into the food court I spot my mom sitting at a table drinking a pop.

Our relationship was back to how it was before my dad died. Thanking of my dad was not something I wanted to do, especially at this time of year. I pushed all thought of him aside and made my way over to mom.

"Get everything you need dear?" She asked as I sat down. Mu ankles were swollen and were begging for Kyle's gentle touch.

"I hope so." I said and stole her drink taking a sip. "This place is a madhouse. Can we go?"

"Yeah, wanna get some Chinese for the boys?"

"I'm not feeling Chinese." I put my finger on my chin and think about what I'm wanting to eat. I snap my fingers when it comes to me. "No what I really want is some chicken fried steak!" In God, my mouth is already watering.

"But you hate that stuff." My mom said as we made our way to the exit. "You would always throw a fit if I even thought about making it for dinner."

I chuckle at the memory of the night I had refused to come out of my room until she promised to make something else. What can I say? I was a bad kid.

"Well that's what I'm wanting. My mouth is seriously drooling over here." I say as I dramatically wipe my mouth.

"I thought you only drooled over Kyle?" 

"Mom!" 

"Hey if I was your age I would go after him too!"

"Ok this conversation just turned creepy. Change of topic please!" I shook my head back and forth trying to rid my mind of the thought of my mother trying to go after Kyle. Not a good image let me tell you.

"Fine. Have you thought about any names for the baby?"

A smile probably about the size if the great wall of China came across my face and my hand went to my stomach. "No. I don't want to think of any until we know the sex of the baby."