chapter one

Hi. This is my first time writing. I don't know how good I am at this so any support would be awesome! Thanks and I hope you like it!!! Pic of Shelly and the trailer for this book!!! ----->

Shelly's POV

I was drifting in and out of consciousness, not wanting to wake up and face yet another day. Reaching over to my nightstand, I silenced my alarm, knowing that if I didn't go ahead and get up now, I'd be awoken in just a few short seconds by my mother.

Sure enough, not three seconds after I had turned the annoying sound off, my mother was pounding on my door.

"Shelly!" My mom shouted through the door. "You need to get up and do your chores before you leave for school." I loved my mother dearly, but since dad died four years ago, we haven't exactly had the relationship like we once had. We had that relationship where she was my best friend; that I could tell anything to and not be afraid to be judged.

Now, we had the relationship where I tried to avoid her at all costs.

"OK mom!" I yelled back. After hearing her walk away I climbed out of bed, stretched and walked to the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and laughed. The bags under my eyes said enough. I didn't sleep well last night. That seems to be happening a lot lately. Since dad died, my mom going kinda crazy, and moving constantly, sleep had taken a back seat. It was just another one of those things in my life that I had learned to grow accustomed to.

I quickly did my business of showering and dressing for school, before going down the stairs to the kitchen. I had been the new girl in school for the past four years more often then anybody I knew. I learned after about my third school to just stay to myself for the most part. Make some type of friends sure, but not to get to close to anyone.

It saved a bunch of heartache in the future.

I was dressed in one of my old baggy shirts, pair of regular denim jeans, and my converses. Caring about my style was something that had also taken a back seat in four years. I just blatantly didn't care what most people thought of me. If you couldn't accept me for my personality, why bother talking to me?

"You need to unload the dishwasher, vacuum, and work a load of laundry in before you get ready for your first day." My mom rattled off while making a cup of coffee. I had barely came around the corner, and already she had started telling me of the chores I was to complete.

"Okay, is there anything else?" I asked knowing there had to be more. That list was to short and too easy. Normally I had at least an hours worth of stuff to do before I was free.

"No." She stated simply walking out of the kitchen with nothing more to say. That's weird, I thought. Why is she letting me off so easy today?