Chapter Thirty

Shelly's POV

Tomorrow is my birthday. I hated my birthday. I didn't mind the whole 'birthday' thing per say, just celebrating. I wasn't big on cake and ice cream, the singing happy birthday, and mostly, all the attention. I hated it with a deep burning passion. If I could just stay in my room all day and not come out until the next day I would be happy. If mom seriously let that happen then that would be the best present ever!

School has started up again and I loved every minute of it, please not the sarcasm. My protruding stomach was the topic of the whole school. Everyone wanted to know what it  was like to have Kyle as a baby daddy. My response to every question was to flash my engagement ring. Which then sparked rumors that I had been purposely trying to get pregnant, yeah that night I went home crying. Soon after that though, everyone stopped talking to him. Kc had told me it was because Kyle said something, but when I asked him about it he said he never said anything to anyone and they probably stopped because it was old news. Like I believed that! I was getting death glares from ever girl I'm school, and then disproving looks from the teachers. I just couldn't win.

"Sweetheart," my mom said coming into my room where I was currently doing homework. "Can you come downstairs?"

"Yeah, sure." I said. I shut my history book and set my pencil down. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Kyle sitting there. He had dropped me off but didn't stay. He said he had to go to his dads and get something and then said he would be back for dinner. It was only half past four so I wasn't expecting him yet.

"Hey baby," Kyle said giving me that crooked smile I love so much. "Come sit next to me." He patted the chair next to him indicating that's where I was to sit. I quickly rushed next to hit flopping down in the chair. 

"Hi honey," I said happily and kissed him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too babe. How are you feeling?" He asked and his hand went automatically to my stomach.

"We're fine."

"Good. Hey I'm-"

"Hey love birds pipe down for a minute." Connor said from across the table. "We have some business to address."

"Ok, like what?" I asked after a second of no one asking.

"Well its about your birthday." My mom said. Oh great. Let me guess. They had invited people over and were throwing a party.

Groaning I said, "I don't want a party mom."

"We're not throwing you a party." Connor said. It looked like he was holding back a laugh.

"Then what about it?" I asked growing a little impatient.

"We were thinking," my mom started and then looked to Kyle. It then clicked that they had all talked about this. It didn't matter if I wanted whatever it was or not, we would be doing it.

"We were thinking of going to Miami." Kyle finished nervously looking down at me.

"Miami?" I asked.

"Yeah. Maybe get some sun, you could see any old friends you still have, or you know, maybe visit Michael's grave." Connor said.

"We can't go. I have an appointment in two days to find out the sex. I don't want to miss it." I said pouting.

"Don't worry baby," Kyle said taking me hand. "Dr. Steeby agreed to seeing us today before you left. She said she would be able to make out the sex."

"So come on Shelly." Mom said looking at me pleading. "Don't you want to go see dad?"

Dad's grave.