in-depth research

Chapter 24: in-depth research

Issys pov

Finally some sleep tonight. I open my eyes to glitchs. His emerald eyes blink a couple times.

" glitch. Why you so close to meh face?"

" Oh my gosh guys she woke up! She got normal sleep!!!!! Every one up!!!" He ran around the house as everyone crowded me.

"How you feeling kid?" Mo asks me.

" I feel fine. No nightmares. Isnt that a good sign."

" well actually this is pretty peculiar. You didnt get a nightmare after karly visited yesterday. Thats odd. Maybe she has something to do with it." Glitch says.

"Oh come on glitch. Shes my friend now. Cant you just trust her?"

" He's actually got a point girly. She was mean to you all those years and then suddenly your best friends again? I wouldnt trust her either." Aubrey says to me.

" well I trust her. You guys should too." I slowly get up and feel pain in my leg. I imediately sit back down. Maybe those nightmares dont where off. Just great.

A knock was heard at the door. "Can someone get that please?" Glitch walks over to the door and opens it.
He groans and says,

" it's karly.ugh"

"Hey now lets welcome our guest." I say as I motion her over to me while everyone else glares at her.

"Um. Hey issy. I uh. I gotta talk to you. In um private please?" Everyone slowly shifts out of the room.

" karly whats wrong. You seem tense."

"Issy. Im sorry. But we cant be friends. You'll never forgive me for the mistake ive made. Im trying to fix it but I dont know how. " I see her eyes getting teary.

" oh well. What ever makes you happy. I guess we should part ways then. I wish you the happiest in your future."

" omg you're just making this harder for me to say. "

"What do you have to say?"

"Well. I ..um... know who nightmare is. And unsurprisingly. Hes my um.... family. So ive been knowing what hes been doing all along. And I know you'll never forgive me and I know that ive been a horrible friend and I hurt you . I just want to make things right. And after this. You could hate me. And that would be fine. But I cant stand to see you suffer anymore. And im sorry." She runs out of my house crying her eyes out.

"Karly wait." I stand up then fall to the ground. My ankle is all purple and swollen. " help!" I yell. But no body comes.

Glitchs pov

I heard it all. Shes the one trying to kill my shawty. Huh. Ill give her a piece of my mind. I see her walking out of the house as I follow her back to her house to see where it all began.

Issys pov

" HELP ME!!" The pain getting worse every second. I see my mom walk into the room. " mommy help me." I reach for her hand and I go right through her. No. No.no.no.no. im fading away.
I then hear a voice in my head.

"Hello issy. I am nightmare. You might know now that my daughter is karly. Your so called friend. Well she isnt your friend and now that I fixed my machine. You'll be gone in no time and I'll destroy you and the rest of dci with you."

" no please nightmare. Please. Have mercy. Let me live please." I beg to this voice in my head.

" oh you'll live. But not for long. Muahahahahahha!"

"AHHHH!!!!" I scream.

" what honey what is it?" My mom comes rushing into the living room where I am on the ground. " oh dear god. What happened?"

" nightmare is after me. Hes trying to kill me. Hes karlys dad. We need to stop him now. Mom please dont let me die please." I begin to cry saying this.

" no no. Dci will handle this I promise honey. Nothing is going to happen to you. " she pulls me in close to her and begins to cry with.me.

" whats all the crying for?" Emilia asks.

"Nightmare is coming. Tonight. " I say.

Glitchs pov.

I continue to follow her up her driveway. Making sure I still have some room between us. Before she opens her door I yell,

" KARLY!"she immediately turns around and runs towards me.

" glitch what are you doing here . You're not supposed to be here. You have to go."

" not till I find out the truth about nightmare. Clearly you're friends with him. "

" actually, hes my dad. But I need to fix this on my own please go find issy and make sure she doesnt fall asleep. Please. You could be our last chance."

"No. Im staying her and figuring out whats going on first. I know the entire back story. But now hes going after ma shawty and that aint happenin. I better get this over with now before my shawty runs out of time because of you. " I back her up against a tree.

"Fine. But my dad cannot know you're here. Please. Stay silent. And make sure your phones off. Now. Not even vibrate. "

"How can I trust you. Im not.turning off my phone. "

"You have a point. Just put it on mute.please we must hurry."

"Lets go save my shawty." We quickly run into the house as quiet as mouse and totally regret ever putting the tiniest bit of trust in her ever again.

A/n

Srry cupcakes I havent updated in a while so here you go srry for the cliffhanger seemed like a good place to stop. Srry its so short. Luv u all

Love cupecake78