Chapter Three

*May be triggering to some people*

The first idea I came up with was to go to his house again and see if he'll actually talk to me. I walk up to the door of his house and ring the doorbell.
"Hello... oh it's you,"Colby says annoyed while rolling his eyes.
"Nice to see you too. May I come in?"I ask.
"You may not,"he says.
"And why is that?"
"Umm... because we're not friends and I hate you."
"Whatever."
"Yeah so anyways bye!"
"Wait n-"before I could finish what I was saying Colby slams the door in my face. I groan in annoyance and walk back home.
I need to think of something... or maybe I'll just leave this alone. He did make it pretty clear that he didn't want to be friends.
Colby's POV
I was sitting alone at home while my mom was at work. I was watching T.V. until I heard the doorbell ringing. I swear if it's Grace... I open the door to find out it's Gage, my older brother.
"Hey Colby,"he says.
"Hey what're you doing here?"I ask.
"Mom wanted to me to come visit for a little,"he explains.
"Oh ok cool,"I say.
We sit in the living room for awhile and start talking about random things. Then he asks me if I've made any friends yet.
"Umm... well.... no. But there is one girl who keeps talking to me but I don't even like her,"I admit.
"Dude a girl likes you why won't you let her at least be friends with her?"he asks.
"I don't think she likes me like that,"I mumble.
"Ok well if she doesn't she at least wants to be friends so again why won't you let you two be friends?"
"I'm just scared,"I whisper looking down at my lap.
"Why?"
"I-it's complicated."
"Whatever man."
Gage walks out of the room and I'm back to sitting alone.
After awhile he comes back into the room and sits down.
"Ugh what do you want?" I groan.
"I need you to tell me why you won't let this girl be your friend,"he demands.
"I told you it's complicated!" I yell.
"Oh come on you can tell me it's probably not as complicated as you think,"he says.
"Yes it is! I couldn't tell you anyways because....I just can't,"I say looking down at my lap.
"Just tell me I'm your brother,"he says calmly.
"Fine but if I tell you you can't tell anyone or get mad at me for it,"I say.
"I don't think I'll get mad just tell me already,"he says annoyed.
"O-ok umm.... It's because I have depression. Every time I make a friend they end up finding out I have depression or they find my cuts. Then they start calling me a freak, say that I shouldn't exist,and that I'm a worthless bitch" I explain not looking at Gage. I turn my head to look at him and he looked shocked.
"I-I had no idea. Does mom know?"he asks.
"No you're the first person I told and I don't want anyone else knowing,"I say.
"I just can't believe this, I don't know why you would have depression,you have such a great life,"he says shocked.
"Not all that great,"I mumble.
"How?"he asks.
"I would rather not talk about it,"I say.
"Ok ok that's fine,"he says.
"Thanks for understanding,"I smile.
"No problem,"he smiles back.
***
After a long night I get ready for bed. As I'm brushing my teeth I look at the blade on the counter. Don't do it. As I'm finishing brushing my teeth I reach for the blade. I pull my sleeve so that it shows some of my wrist and drag the blade across my wrist. I watch as blood gushes out of the cut. I turn on the water and rinse off the blood. After the blood completely stops I get into bed.
____________________________
  Hope you liked this extended version of this chapter. I only edited a few chapters of this book and I'm going to edit the next one but it might not be as detailed like this one.