Chapter Nineteen

*Skip to end of school*
The school day went by slowly. I couldn't stop thinking about Colby. I felt like skipping school and spending the day with him in the hospital. At least tomorrow he leaves.
I walk straight to the hospital to visit him. The same lady was at the desk.
"Hi I'm here to see Colby Brock,"I say.
"Ok you can go right on in,"she says.
I walk to his room and open the door quietly just in case he's sleeping. I peak my head inside and see that he's awake.
"Hi Colby,"I say closing the door.
"Hi,"he says.
"How are you?"I ask walking over to him.
"Good. I just want to get out of here already,"he says."
"Well you're leaving tomorrow,"I say.
"I know but I want to leave today,"he groans.
"I know but you can't,"I say.
"I know,"he says then scoots over,"Sit here."
"Ok,"I say then sit down and he grabs my hand like yesterday. I look down at it and see cuts on his wrist. How did I not notice this yesterday?
"Umm... Colby have you been cutting?"I ask pointing to the cuts.
"Well... yeah,"he says disappointed and looks down at his lap.
"Colby,"I whisper "I want you to stop please."
"Grace, I've tried but I just can't,"Colby says.
"Can you at least try not to do it so often?"I ask.
"I'll try,"he says.
"Do you actually mean it because last time you said that last time but continued to do it,"I say.
"Yes I promise,"he says.
"Ok good,"I say and rest my head on his shoulder.
"Why are you so protective over me?"he asks.
"I just don't like you hurting yourself,"I say.
"I know I really wish that I could stop but I can't. It's too hard,"he says.
"I know it took me awhile to cut too but I convinced myself to stop,"I say.
"But you cut that one day,"he points out.
"I know but I haven't since then,"I say.
"Lucky I wish I could stop like that,"he says.
"Well you just have to try,"I say.
"I will try my best but it'll probably take awhile,"he says.
"That's all ok as long as you stop someday,"I say. He doesn't say anything and closes his eyes. I close my eyes as well and fall asleep.
Colby's POV
I look at Grace and notice that's she's sleeping. I let go of her hand wrap my arm around her back to bring her closer to me. I kiss the top of head then rest my head on top of hers. I wish I could call her mine already but I can't rush things. I need to remember that.
***
I wasn't tired so I stayed up until Grace woke up.
"Hi,"I smile.
"Hey what time is it?"she asks rubbing one of her eyes.
"Umm... 6:45,"I say looking at the clock.
"I should probably go,"she says getting up.
"I wish I could go with you,"I say.
"I'll see you tomorrow and you're getting out of here so we can spend plenty of time with each other when you are,"she says.
Then the door opens.
"Oh I wasn't expecting any visitors to be here,"the doctor says.
"I was just about to leave,"she says then walks out the door.
"Great news Colby you get to leave at 7:00
tomorrow morning instead of around evening,"he says.
"That is great,"I say.
"Yup but I don't want you going to school that day,"he says.
"Ok,"I say.
"Well that's all. Get some rest so you can wake up in the morning,"he says
"I will,"I say then he walks out. I wish I could tell Grace but I don't have a phone. Maybe I'll surprise her by going to her house and surprise her.
***
I stay awake until 10:00 thinking about tomorrow. I can't wait to get out of here. I get to spend time with Grace without being stuck in here. Oh I can't wait to see how she'll react!
I stop thinking about all of this and close my eyes. After awhile I finally fall asleep.
Grace's POV
Tomorrow Colby will be getting out of the hospital and I couldn't wait. I needed a friend with me at school. Today was hard because they were teasing me about how Colby moved away because I was to ugly and worthless. But I didn't really care because I know what was actually happening.
I just wish I new when he was coming home so that I can be prepared.
I look at the clock and see that it's passed 10. I've been working on homework for the passed hour and a half. It was are for me to concentrate because I was too excited.
I hurry up and finish everything. I quickly get ready for bed and fall asleep as fast as I can. I couldn't wait for him to come home.
____________________________
Hey guys how was this chapter? Haha why do I even ask no one ever tells me. Anyways I love writing the hospital scenes too bad there aren't anymore. But I hope you guys are enjoying this story.
Also sorry if I'm updating kind of slow lately. I've been having lots of ideas but I need things to fill in and that's sometime hard because then things get boring but I'm trying my best to make things not too boring. But I hope it's still an interesting book.