Chapter Thirteen

Grace's POV
I woke up to my alarm. It's finally Friday! I move around to try to get out of Colby's grip. He was still sleeping so I moved his arms from around me. I got up and grabbed my things for the shower. I sign normally shower in the morning but I felt like it was necessary this morning. As I stepped into the shower I heard someone come in. I froze because I didn't know what to do. I slowly opened the curtain and poked my head out. I saw Colby standing there going to the bathroom and I might've screamed while closing the curtain. I heard him stumble backwards.
"G- Grace I'm so sorry I didn't hear anything when I walked in because I was still half asleep,"he apologizes.
"It's ok,"I say. I heard the the door close again and I sighed in relief.
I finished my shower and got ready. I walked out and saw Colby sitting on my bed on his phone.
"We should go by your house go get your stuff for school,"I say grabbing my backpack.
"No everything's at school since I left early and I didn't bring anything,"he says.
"Oh ok then we should get to school then,"I say walking out of my room.
"I still have to go home and get ready,"Colby chuckles.
"Oh right well then let's hurry I don't want to be late,"I say.
"Ok,"he says.
We get to his house and he gets ready.
Once he's ready we head to school.
"I'm sooooo glad it's Friday,"I say.
"Me too I can't wait to just hang out with you,"he says putting an arm around my shoulder as we walk into the school. This was just a friendly thing because he doesn't like me that way.... right?
Colby's POV
"Oh would you look at that the two worthless bitches are together,"someone says as we pass him.
"Have you guys fucked yet or are you guys still little virgins?"someone else says,"Well... they're both too ugly to be fucked even if they do like each other that would never happen so I know they're still virgins."
"He's not my boyfriend!"Grace yells. I felt my heart brake a little but I ignore it.
"Woah no need to get your panties in a bunch,"someone laughs.
"Stop it!"she yells.
"Yeah like you're going to do anything about it,"the same guy laughs. She throws him a glare and he pretends to be afraid. She walks towards him and punches him right in the face. She turns back around and stands next to me.
"Grace what was that?"I whisper.
"Sorry I just got really mad,"she whispers back.
"I just hope you don't get hurt,"I say.
"Why would I?"she asks.
"Because when you do things like that people will tend to fight back harder,"he says.
"Well he's not doing anything now so let's go,"she says starting to walk but I grab her arm and turn her around.
"No Grace you don't understand. I did something like that before and my bullying got worse,"I explain.
"Well my bullying has only been name calling. No one is going to beat me up anymore,"she says.
"Ok well if anything happens you need to tell me right away,"I say.
"Ok I will... now can I go?"she asks.
"Yes, go,"I say letting her go. She walks away and I stand there for a minute until I finally go to class.
Grace's POV
I can't believe what just happened out there. Colby said that my bullying was going to get worse. I said that that wasn't going to happen and I seemed tuff but to to be honest I'm extremely terrified. I could get beat at any moment and I was shaking thinking about what could happen. I don't want it to be like old times.
The whole time while I was in my classes I was shaking and couldn't think.
I walked into the class with my favorite person in it, Colby. I sat down next to him and saw him smiling at me. I looked at him and smiled back.
"Are you ok?"he asks.
"Why are you asking?"I whisper.
"Because you're shaking,"he says. He noticed?
"Umm I'm just a little tense,"I say.
"Why?"he asks.
"Uh you now it's school so I'm always tense,"I lie.
"But I've never you seen you this anxious,"he says.
"I uh-""Are you this way because of what I said earlier?"he cuts me off.
"Yeah,"I admit.
"It's going to be ok,"he says putting his hand on my thigh. I feel him tracing circles on it and it calms be down a bit.
The class went by fast. I went to my locker and since there was no homework I decided to keep my backpack in my locker.
"Hey,"Colby says from behind me.
"Hi,"I saw closing my locker and turning around.
"So we have all weekend to do whatever we want. I say we through an epic party... oh wait we have no friends,"Colby jokes.
"Yeah I know it sucks,"I groan.
"I guess we could watch Netflix all weekend,"he says.
"Ugh that's boring I guess we'll see what we can do when we get home,"I say.
"I guess,"he shrugs.
We get home and sit on the couch like usual.
"So what are we going to do?"I ask.
"Well... we could have a..... tickle fight,"Colby smirks while tickling my sides.
"No no stop,"I laugh.
"Nope,"he says.
"C- Colby I can't breath,"I laugh breathless.
"Ask nicely and I might stop,"he says.
"Please s- stop tickling m- me,"I laugh.
"Ok,"he says taking his hands away from me.
"That was NOT very nice,"I pout while crossing my arms.
"Well I'm not nice so,"he says.
"Liar,"I roll my eyes.
"I'm not a liar I'm a joker,"he says.
"Whatever,"I sass.
"Whatever,"he mocks.
"Stop,"I sigh.
"Stop,"he mocks again and I just roll my eyes,"You know you roll your eyes a lot."
"I know and you annoy me a lot,"I joke.
"Why would you say that,"he fake cries.
"Shut up crybaby,"I giggle.
"You're so mean to me,"I continues to fake cry,"Maybe we shouldn't even be friends."
"Fine!"I joke.
"Really?"he says become all serious.
"No,"I laugh.
"Phew, ok,"he sighs putting his hand over his heart.
"You're a dork,"I say.
"Yes but I'm your dork,"he says putting emphasizes on your.
"Mm.... nah,"I shake my head.
"In the friend way,"he says. Is there even such thing when you put it like that?
"Then... yes,"I nod.
"Ugh I'm sooooo bored,"he groans.
"Me too wanna play a game?"I suggest.
"Hmm... do you have Cards Against Humanity?"he asks.
"Sadly no,"I say.
"Oh. Wanna play 20 questions?"he asks.
"That's so lame but I guess,"I shrug.
"Ok I'll ask the first question,"he says.
"Ok,"I say.
"Hmm... are you a virgin like everyone was saying,"he asks.
"Well... no. When was 15 I was was rapped and that's one of the things that caused my depression, even though I had it before it made it worse,"I say.
"Oh, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked that,"he says.
"It's fine,"I say.
"Ok so now it's your turn."
"Ok umm.... Are you a virgin?"
"Y- yeah it sucks I know."
"No it's fine I would still be a virgin if that guy didn't rape me and fuck me into oblivion."
"God, if I knew that was happening to you I would have killed him with no hesitation."
"Aww thanks but it happened so let's stop talking about it."
"Ok."
***
We played 20 question for about 15 more minutes and then decided to get something to eat.
"Let's get pizza!"Colby says.
"Ok but only pepperoni because it's cheap,"I say.
"Ugh fine,"I say,"I'm going to little caesars are you coming?"
"Yup,"he says getting up.
***
We get home and start eating.
"We need to watch something on TV,"Colby says.
"No I wanna talk,"I groan.
"Ok what about?"Colby ask taking a bite of his pizza.
"I dunno about anything,"I shrug.
"Anything,"he smirks.
"Please don't say anything dirty,"I groan.
"Ok fine,"he chuckles.
"Good,"I say.
***
We finish eating and we go upstairs. I go into the bathroom and change onto something comfortable (a tank and a pair of pajama shorts). I lay down next to Colby.
"So..."Colby trails off.
"So..."I repeat him."I think I'm going to take a nap."
"Oh... ok,"he says.
Colby's POV
I watched as Grace closed her eyes. I wasn't that tired so I decided to stay awake for a little bit.
I listened to Grace's soft breaths that escape her lips. God, did I want to kiss her but I just place a light kiss on her shoulder. I played with her hair while smiling at her. She was so beautiful I wish that I could call her my girlfriend. I got tired of playing with her hair so I tried to take a nap since I don't know how long Grace was going to sleep. I closed my eyes and surprisingly fell asleep right away.
____________________________
Pretty long chapter! Hope you enjoyed this it took me awhile to write.