Chapter 3 - Wise words from Billy

Ashley's P.O.V

The evening went on and I kept on looking at Conor and Erica's table from behind the counter. I couldn't help but feeling abit jealous when they are being all lovely and romantic. I mean I am happy that Conor is happy but my stupid crush on him makes it hard to watch and I know I'd never stand a chance against Erica anyways. She's tall, super skinny, has perfect brown hair, flawless skin and a body like a model and on top of that I'm friendzoned so. Now they have left hand in hand and me and Billy is cleaning up in the restaurant because we have closed. I'm sweaping a table but really slow and unfocused. My mind is on Conor, Erica and the fact that I should have told him my feelings and tried to win him over before she came here. All of a sudden Billy come up to me.

"What's wrong Ashley?" He asks and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing, I'm fine Billy" I said but it's a big lie as I feel the opposite to fine.

"I can tell your not fine so sit down and tell me" He said and sat down.

I sighs and sits down across him and takes a deep breath. Billy is not only my boss but also the gangs friend and like an extra dad to me. He really cares about me and I know I can trust him.

"The boy I like just got back together with his ex girlfriend...." I mumbled.

"Are you talking about Conor and that other girl he was here with?" He asked.

"What? No, I never said I like Conor which I definiately don't. We're only best friends" I said and tried to have a straight face.

"Ashley, It's really obvious that you like Conor as more than a friend" Billy said.

"Fine I like him alot... but it doesn't matter because I'm friendzoned and he just sees me as his best friend" I said and sighed.

"Maybe he only sees you as a friend right now but you never know what will happen later. You can't give up, you are much better than the girl he's with, you just have to make him realize it" Billy said.

"Thanks Billy but how am I supposed to do that? I asked.

"Well give him small signs that you want to be more than friends. Doesn't you have any female friend you can get advice from?" Billy said.

"Not really... I've always got along better with boys..." I say but then I get a briliant idea. "But I do know Erica now and she said she'd love to hang out with me. I could ask her but pretend it's about another boy than Conor! Thanks for the advice Billy, you're the best!" I smiled widely and hugged him.

"No problems Ashley, you know you can always come to good old Billy" He said and hugged me back.

The whole way home I walked on clouds and as I fell onto my bed I texted Conor and asked for Ericas number. He replies right away and I starts typing a text to Erica.

Hi it's Ashley, Conor's friend and the girl who served you dinner at Billy's. I was thinking about what you said about hanging out and I was wondering if you're doing anything tomorrow? If not, do you wanna meet up?

I press send and puts on my TV and 10 mins later my phone lights up. Erica has answered.

Hi Ashley! I actually don't have anything planned for tomorrow so I'd love to hang out :) What about outside of Billy's at 1 pm?

I smile for myself and types back a simple message.

Sure that's great! See ya tomorrow :)

I put away my phone and makes a promise to myself. Whatever happens I won't try to separate Erica and Conor. I'm not that kind of girl and if she makes Conor happy, then I'm happy too. I just want him to be happy.