Crowley

Third Person POV:

     Mika stopped suddenly, just behind a corner, and (y/n), who had been close behind him, slamming into his back. A muffled yelp escaped from her tightly sealed lips as she reeled back, clutching her bloody nose.
     "Ow, what the hell Mika?! You couldn't have let me know that you'd be stopping earlier?!"
     "Shhh!"
     (y/n) clamped her mouth shut, knowing when to be quiet, but didn't stop glaring at him. She watched Mika's back from a few paces away as she pinched the bridge of her nose tightly, wary of any sudden move he might make again. And sure enough, he made a move.
     Without any warning, Mika leapt out from behind the corner, and dashed towards two nearby vampire guards with his sword in hand.
     "Sword, drink my blood."
     Startled yells were cut off as Mika slashed his blade across the torsos of both vampires. As their remains dissipated into ash, (y/n) stepped out from behind the building, deeming it safe to come out. Mika was already rapidly climbing up the stone steps to the tower. Hastily, (y/n) sprinted up behind him, wincing slightly as her newly healed ankle stung as her foot hit the ground with each step. Mika drew further and further away as (y/n) hobbled along, cursing her injuries.
     "Mika, wait! I can't go that fast yet, my injuries aren't fully healed!"
     Mika stopped and waited patiently where he was, watching as (y/n) hobbled up the stairs at a relatively slow pace. He didn't notice the figure behind him approaching. The shadowed figure stopped just a bit behind Mika, watching in amusement as (y/n) struggled to climb the stairs. Her injuries were obviously still not fully healed. (y/n) panted as she stopped in front of Mika, her form bowed over as she panted, trying to catch her breath. When she looked up again, her eyes met with the figure's. 

    M-Mika...behind you!"

    Hearing the alarm and reading her expression of shock and fear, Mika spun around, lashing out with his sword. The figure leapt back gracefully. 

     "How interesting. I'm well aware that you're still somewhat human, Mika, but I never would've thought you'd still associate with livestock."

Crowley's POV: 

     "I think its time for the both of you to head back to the house." 

     Mika and the human both glared at me. Their expressions were of defiance, and they were clearly not going to head back willingly. Alright...time for a different approach then. I darted forward and around Mika, ducking under his sword and appearing by the human's side. 

     "Its a shame I have to do this, really. Now I have to wait for another week or so before I can feast on your blood now."

     Slightly annoyed, I grabbed the girl's arm and slowly began to bend it the wrong way. Gradually, her screams of pain grew louder. I smirked, llooking down at the girl's twisted face of agony. This should make him submit to me...I directed my attention back to Mika.

     "I really think we should head back now. Just give up already."

     "Don't you dare fucking touch her!" 

     Mika lunged foward, eyes blazing fiercely. He had sheathed his sword in order to try and grab the girl from me. Smart idea, Mika. Wouldn't want to cut up your dear human, would you? Although, I must say, swearing is a bit unusual for you...I wonder why you're so angry? Mika rained down blow after blow, his movements never ceasing speed or strength. I frowned slightly, dodging each one with ease. Not only that, but why's he so...persistant?

     My mind conjured up option after option. I wonder if he wants her for himself? Mhm, no, Mika's not that sort of vampire...maybe he's planning to sell her? No, he still has those ridiculous "human morals". He'd never do that. I wonder, what's motivating him to act like this? 

     And then, Krul's biting words came back to me. I flinched. The knife in my heart began to slowly turn again.

     "Don't act all high and mighty just because you have the power to become the Seventh Progenitor! To me, you'll always be the human child who was too pathetic to even manage to kill himself!"

     I paused momentarily, trembling slightly from the harsh memories those words brought back to me, trying to collect my thoughts. Ah, I know now. This situation...it's similar to the one I had all those years ago with my dear comrades. When I was still...human...Could it be that he cares about her? That he truly loves her and has genuine feelings?

     All sorts of emotions sprung up inside me, breaking through my usual arrogant, non-caring vampire shell. I hadn't felt so...human in years. An unfamiliar wetness traced its way down my cheeks. Am I...crying? I shook my head slightly, trying to regain focus on the current situation. I looked up in time to see Mika looming over me, his face blackened with rage.

     "Do you really think I would surrender and abandon my family so easily?! After all the loss I've been through, the hellish life I've been living since I was turned?! If you believe that I'm giving up on escape and surrendering to you so easily, you're so fucking wrong! I won't let another of my family fall to the hands of the nobles again, and I certainly won't lose them! Never, ever, again!"

     For the second time today, I was shocked to my core. First Krul, and now Mika? I must be getting soft...

     No, that wasn't the right term. I frowned. I wasn't getting soft. My human emotions were resurfacing. 

     As I became lost in thought, Mika continued to rain down blow after blow. But this time, he didn't miss his target. I felt myself being battered with powerful punches and kicks, my body thrown around from the continuous beating. My grip on the human girl was growing weaker, and my consciousness was fading. As my vision grew darker, I began to see people that I hadn't seen in a very long time.

     Kuro...Shiro...I could see their smiling faces, their hands reaching out towards me. I felt strangely at peace.

     But the hatred displayed on Mika's face as he beat me hadn't escaped my vision. I knew that given a chance like this, with me losing this battle, he wouldn't hesitate to kill me. I closed my eyes. The cause of my death will be my human emotion, I thought. What a disappointing way to die...