v.c | 13

akaashi blinked a few times, it seemed like he had fallen to sleep as he cried earlier.

the ice had melted halfway inside the ice bag, akaashi got up from his bed and throw it away.

he changed from his uniform to his casual outfit before walking down the stairs to his living room.

akaashi smiled when he noticed his mom is already in the kitchen. "hi, mom.."

his mom turned her heels briefly to smile at him. "keiji, you're awake."

he nodded his head.

"i'm making dinner, are you hungry?" she asked.

akaashi pressed his lips. "yes."

"alright, wait for another thirty minutes, okay?"

he nodded his head and muttered an 'okay' before turning around to the living room.

before he could, however, he stopped abruptly by what his mother told him just as he was about to leave the kitchen.

"oh yeah, your friend came here earlier, but you were still sleeping."

he raised one of his eyebrows and his mother continued. "i was gonna wake you up, but the young boy told me not to. he left something for you, though."

"what is it?"

she gave a smile. "i put it on the couch. and there's a note on the table."

akaashi hurried to the living room, not sure what he was expecting.

but it definitely wasn't a huge owl plushie.

akaashi gaped in wonder as he used his fingers to cover his now opened mouth. he walked closer to it before sitting down beside the plushie. he brushed the sides of it and let out a small awe.

it's so soft.

he only smiled wider.

he saw a very eyecatching note on the table and reached for it. he read it carefully.

akaashi!!! you didn't join lunch with us :(( i heard from konoha and sarukui that you called in sick before lunch. so i thought i'll give you this owl plushie to make you feel better! i hope you're okay!!

- bokuto(!!!)

akaashi felt tears forming in the back of his eyes at the end of the note, the smile never left his face.

his gaze was back on the owl plushie beside him. akaashi pressed the side of his face against it and hugged it.

he felt like he had never smiled so much in his life before.