v.c | 26

"i guess this is it.." akaashi muttered as he eyed bokuto's smile. a forced one, at that.

bokuto suddenly covered his face with both of the palm of his hands. "ah!" he groaned. "i'm sorry akaashi i promised not to cry!"

akaashi bit his lip at how cute bokuto was being. "bokuto-san, please don't cry.."

"i can't help it-"

a captivated flash of sadness made it's way to bokuto's eyes. and just like that, tears itself started forming in the back of akaashi's eyes.

akaashi hung his head low, and before bokuto knew it, he could hear the soft sobs coming from akaashi.

bokuto quickly throw his arms around akaashi. "akaashi don't cry.." he said with a hopeful smile.

akaashi shook his head, now covering his own face with his hands.

"akaashi we're at the airport, don't cry.." bokuto whispered slowly against his ears, and he could hear a soft chuckle coming out in between sobs.

akaashi sniffed before finally letting his hands down and hug bokuto.

"i wish it doesn't have to be like this."

bokuto grinned, pulling his head back a bit to stare at akaashi's face. "like you said, just for a year."

akaashi was happy to see bokuto's grin. it was definately the only thing that warmed his heart the most at seven in the morning. he smiled, "okay.."

they stay like that for a few minutes because for all akaashi knew, he would love to fall for bokuto all over again.

akaashi loved every part of bokuto. he loved every molecules in his body, every bits of imperfections that he rarely sees in him. bokuto was a complete flawless flower in his garden full of thorns. bokuto was that single flower, that akaashi had painted with the color of charcoal blue, and in return, bokuto painted the lilac sky, with more colors than he could ask for.

and he loved all of the colors. because akaashi had long known, his feelings for bokuto were as vivid as the colors bokuto showed him.

bokuto would probably say the same thing.

their perfect moment stopped when they hear the loud speakers booming. telling akaashi that his plane is about to go off.

"my plane's-"

"mhm.." bokuto cut in. he chuckled before finally letting go of akaashi. bokuto glance at his face one more time. "don't cheat on me."

akaashi broke into a laugh. "as if.."

a second passed, and it wasn't long until bokuto cleared up his throat again.

"i love you."

akaashi could feel a tear rolling down his cheek as he glanced back up to bokuto's face.

that's when bokuto leaned in. he placed an arm on akaashi's back to pull him closer, and kiss akaashi on the lips.

akaashi just wanted it to be like that forever. lazily sipping on each other's lips on a warm summer day, and let their hearts hang on by a thread.

a fragile thread, he knows that.

but he also knows that neither of them were gonna cut it.

bokuto pulled away. and it was akaashi's chance to say, "i love you too." he said with a small smile.

bokuto let go of akaashi's hand that was intertwined with his while they were kissing, before it made in contact with akaashi's suitcase handle.

"call me when you get there, okay?"

akaashi nodded his head. "bye.. bokuto-san." he waved his hand slowly.

bokuto ran to him again and gave him one last hug for that day. he pulled away, "sorry.." he grinned.

akaashi let out a soft chuckle. "it's okay."

"okay, now you can go, have a safe flight, bye akaashi!!" bokuto waved.

he watched as akaashi walked away from him, still keeping on a smile and waving back at him.

bokuto shot him a grin before akaashi turned his back at him.

as akaashi walk, he smiled shyly to the ground. he sure as hell is going to miss him. but he knew bokuto would still be there when he came back.

akaashi loved bokuto so much, and bokuto loved him. bokuto probably loved him twice as much. he could tell from the colors that bokuto had painted on him.

they were absolutely,
vivid.

the end