v.c | 17

akaashi has had enough of it. he was tired, and konoha was right, he should tell bokuto about this.

so he took a deep breath before going through his contacts, stopping at bokuto's name and pressing the call button.

for each rings he heard, he debated whether to just press end or keep going.

he chose the second option.

bokuto picked up the phone, "akaashi?"

akaashi exhaled slowly. "can you get to my house?"

-

it was eleven thirty, and akaashi was wondering why bokuto, instead of using the door, climbed up his balcony to get to his room.

he quickly opened the balcony door and was greeted by bokuto's signature grin.

it was like bokuto could read the expression on akaashi's face, so he shouted, "i just had to!"

akaashi chuckles softly. "okay, okay.. just keep it down, okay? my mother is asleep.." he stepped aside to let bokuto in.

"yeah, why aren't you asleep?"

akaashi formed the words in his mind as he sat down in the side of his bed, bokuto sitting beside him.

"i have some things to tell you, i guess."

bokuto nodded his head. "okay.."

the atmosphere changes, and bokuto knew this because he too, was feeling a little tensed.

"bokuto-san," he paused. "i'm colorblind."

bokuto's eyes widen for a moment. he slowly turned his head to face akaashi, but never did.

"my synesthesia isn't a lie, but it still scares me, how i can't see the world in colors? it's so weird.."

bokuto stayed silent beside him.

"my biggest fear is.. people finding out about it.." tears formed in the back of his eyes, and he knew if he kept on going, it will be visible for the both of them. "actually, it has been the start of most of my problems."

a tear rolled down his eye as the memory came back flashing in his mind. "after my dad knew, he left me."

bokuto snapped his head to face him, and akaashi was already crying.

"i felt so worthless." he muttered under his breath through his small sobs.

bokuto felt rage built inside him. "akaashi! you're not worthless!"

"but i felt like it, that must be the reason why i don't have any friends for one and a half year."

bokuto furrowed his eyebrows, and he himself wanted to cry. "but.. you have me now."

"i do," he nodded his head a little. "my only friend." his lips formed to a smile and he place his gaze was downcast.

"that's why, when yuuma.."

just like he expected, bokuto reacted at the mention of his name.

"bokuto-san, yuuma bullies me."

akaashi didn't knew, that it felt so good just after letting that out.

and bokuto was puzzled. "what?"

"he's been doing that since the first year. i.. don't know why, but i'm not lying. i'm not trying to ruin your friendship, i really-"

he stopped immediately when he felt a hand placed on his thigh. "go on.."

akaashi breathed in. "that's why, when yuuma threatened me that he was gonna tell you, i.. i.. i just.." akaashi wiped the tears falling from his eyes with the palm of his hand.

bokuto slowly stroked his back.

"i shoved him from behind out of nowhere, and he was so furious," akaashi forced his eyes shut. "i was so scared."

bokuto couldn't believe it, he didn't want to think his best friend as a monster, but the scene in front of him tells him differently.

akaashi's telling the truth. akaashi's telling the truth. akaashi's telling the truth.

"that time when i call in sick after lunch, it was actually because.." akaashi couldn't finish it, he knew he couldn't. he could only place a hand to where yuuma left him the bruise and continue crying.

slowly, bokuto hug him from the side, still stroking him gently on the back, careful not to break him.

he was already broken.

bokuto gently pushed him into a lying position, and let akaashi finish his crying.

after a few minutes, all he could hear was small sobs.

akaashi stare down at his stomach, he debated for a minute before slowly lifting his clothes up.

bokuto's eyes widens when he saw the purple bruise, and he started crying.

he clenched his fist. "i'm so sorry akaashi, i.. i didn't knew, i'm so sorry. i'm so-"

akaashi hated seeing bokuto like this. because in all honesty, being sad doesn't suits him. he's supposed to be a very happy sunshine.

so akaashi took a grab of his hand, bringing it near his lips before placing a kiss on the knuckles.

"it's not your fault, bokuto-san."