v.c | 24

the funeral was depressing.

akaashi didn't speak a lot, he barely said anything except nodding his head for every "i'm sorry for your loss".

bokuto stayed right by his side all the time, in case akaashi found himself crying.

it didn't matter how many tears rolled down his cheeks, they just got washed off by the rain anyway.

"are you.." bokuto started, carefully studying akaashi's mourning state. "ready to go home?"

akaashi slowly nodded his head and hung it back low.

-

bokuto pulled the covers around akaashi before handing him a mug of warm chocolate milk that he made right after getting back to akaashi's house.

"thank you.." akaashi muttered quietly.

bokuto snuggled beside him. "you're welcome." he smiled before kissing the side of his forehead gently.

akaashi eased his feelings at the warmness that bokuto shared with him. because for the moment, that was all he needed.

"akaashi?"

"hm?"

"i love you so much." bokuto said softly, and akaashi's heart swells completely.

he smiled before burying his head at the side of bokuto's neck. "can i sleep next to you tonight?"

bokuto grinned, "of course!" he hooted.

akaashi put his mug on the table as bokuto make the couch as comfortable as he can. after turning the lights off, he lied down and open his arms, in which akaashi gladly fall into before laughing a little.

he rested his head on bokuto's chest. bokuto wrapped his arms around akaashi to warm him up.

"your chest is like a rock."

bokuto's eyes lit up after what akaashi had said. yes, he felt like a milion bucks. the owl-like boy grinned, "aw, akaashi!! th-"

"i can't sleep on it." he continued flatly.

bokuto's grin from a few seconds ago disappeared completely.

"i'm joking," akaashi looked up and swiftly cup one of his cheek before kissing him on the lips gently.

"goodnight bokuto-san."

bokuto was too busy blushing, and he felt like he couldn't stop smiling any time soon.

"goodnight, akaashi."

+++

a/n ;; just had to update before this week is over,, ilysm guys!!