Argument

Garrett walked up to Lani's apartment, he couldn't tell whether he was angry or sad. he rapped his fist against the door his whole body heated. Lani flung the door open squinting at garrett 

"what?" she sneered 

"What the hell was that at school?" he asked clenching his jaw. 

"Does it even matter, I'm busy and I'm sure you have a stupid fight to go to or some dumb party." 

Garrett grit his teeth. His first balled at his sides.

"What's this about?" Garrett asked his anger spiking slightly.

"Why don't you ask that brunette." She slammed the door.

Garrett stood there confused

"What brunette?" He thought out loud. 

--------

He stumbled into the party, the loud music making his head pound. He felt a pull on his arm, He looked back at Camellia and smiled as she pulled him out to the quietness near the lake. He dropped in the sand near the water, dropping next to her. She looked over at him, his face to the sky, his eyes closed. 

"so.." she drew out. "How's the party." 

"It is all right." Garrett said each word crisply.  "Music is a bit loud." 

she laughed leaning against him. "well, it's that how my brother had these lodge parties? gotta keep up the ritual." 

"I guess, I need another drink." Garrett sighed racking his hand through his dark hair. 

"mhmm, what's wrong?" she asked straddling his lap, turning his head to face her. 

"Lani, she's mad at me. but i don't know what i did." he sighed again laying back on the sandy shore. " I think it's the pressure of her life, but i don't know. all i know is i need another drink." 

"well, Let me help you forget her." she giggled going to kiss him. 

he frowned stopping her, shaking his head no. He slightly pushed her off and struggled to stand up. before he wobbled away from her back into the house to his car. He opened the door climbing in. He pushed the key into the ignitions turning it it before he turned to car back off and rested his hand on the wheel before reaching for his phone and calling Carmen. 

"Hello." she said he could hear his mother's thick Spanish accent in the background. 

"hey, I've been drinking a bit. I need a ride home." he sighed a smile on his face when carmen hung up. She was gonna call James like always.