Chapter Four

"You're really weird, Seth."

Jumelle was sitting in the kitchen with Renesmee, Jacob and Seth, eating. Seth was balancing a spoon on his nose, which was incredibly hard for Jumelle to do.

"I'll take that as a compliment," Seth grinned at Nessie. She frowned.

"It wasn't meant to be one."

"Hey, have you heard what the Jensons are planning?" Jumelle asked, trying to balance her spoon on her nose. Seth laughed at her when it failed to stay on and she scooped out some yogurt and flung it at him.

"Oh, gross," he grumbled.

"Don't laugh at me, then," Jumelle chuckled.

"No, what are they gonna do?" Nessie asked curiously, referring to her sister's earlier question.

"They're planning on going to the Volturi," Jumelle said quietly. The rest of the Cullens were out hunting; Ness and Jumelle were left in the solitary care of Jacob and Seth.

"What?!" Ness gasped. "Why? They're going to get themselves killed!"

"Relax, Nessie," Jumelle chuckled. "They're not stupid. It's just something to do with their dad or whatever."

Ness frowned. "I wonder why we haven't met their parents yet. They won't even let us go to their house, or even near it."

Jumelle shrugged. "Let it go, Ness. It's fine."

- - -

Jumelle, Renesmee, Jacob and Seth decided to have a swim in the river to cool off. It was surprisingly hot in Forks that day, and Ness and Jumelle were melting.

Jumelle was waiting in the kitchen in her black and white polkadot bikini for the other three to finish getting ready. She heard a tap at the window and looked up to see Tristen standing there. She grinned.

"What are you doing here?"

"I know we didn't schedule this, but can you maybe come over to my house? For, like, ten minutes?" Tristen asked quickly.

"I can't, I'm going to the river with Ness and the boys." Tristen scowled at the mention of Jacob and Seth. "I could come around later if you want?" Jumelle suggested quickly, afraid she'd crossed the line. "We could hang out then?"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever," he muttered as he left again quickly.

"That was weird," Nessie said as she came downstairs. She was wearing her pink and white striped bikini and had a towel wrapped around her neck. "What'd he want?"

"He wanted me to go to his house," Jumelle said with a frown.

"Really?" Ness groaned. "Elle, why didn't you say yes?"

"I dunno, there was something ... off about him. He acted really weird when I mentioned Jacob and Seth."

"What'd we do now?" Seth asked as he and Jacob came downstairs behind Nessie. Jumelle smiled and shook her head.

"Nothing. C'mon, I'm dying here."

The four headed to the river to swim.

*

"Ugh, those shape-shifters better stop interfering," Anne growled as the Jensons sat in the living room. Tristen had just gone to check in with Jumelle and Renesmee.