Chapter Fifteen

Standing outside Volterra again made Jumelle want to choke. She hated that place. It felt like so long ago that she had called it home when in reality it was only a few months ago.

Alec looked worse. To know that he had called that castle home for over a century was horrible for him. And to go even further, his sister, his twin sister, was inside the castle with the people he once looked up to.

Jumelle glanced around at all of the people surrounding her. Her family.

Carlisle and Esme's hands were linked together. Their faces held no emotion, but the way they were just said it all. They'd die for each other in a heartbeat.

Jasper and Emmett were standing side-by-side; they were the flanks. They were constantly glancing at each other for brotherly reassurance. They continuously locked eyes and nodded at each other, having a silent conversation.

Bella, Edward, Rosalie and Alice were huddled together, having a whispered conversation. It was clearly about Alec and Jumelle, since they were throwing nervous and confused glances towards the couple every so often.

Jumelle looked at Alec last. His eyes were boring into hers, a fierce passion within the gold tinged with crimson red.

Her mate, her other half ... her reason for existence. Alec was her everything.

And she wasn't about to lose him to the enemy.

- - -

"Alright, on my command, we get those two."

Jasper pointed at Renata and Santiago, who were guarding the entrance to the Volturi castle. Jumelle swallowed thickly, and heard Alec do the same.

"Alright ... one ... two ... NOW!"

The Cullens charged for Renata and Santiago, who were obviously startled by their sudden appearance out of nowhere. Emmett smashed Santiago's head right off his shoulders while Jasper took care of Renata. While Renata was a good fighter, she was no match against Jasper. He'd cleaned her up in all of a minute.

The family had attracted no attention so far.

"Alright, now we proceed into the castle," Carlisle intructed to the rest of the family. They all watched as Emmett and Jasper disposed of the limbs and bodies that were once Renata and Santiago.

They all headed into the castle together, Jasper and Emmett checking the doors on either side every so often in case they were heard and further caught.

"They're coming!" Alice shouted.

Suddenly, Corin, Chelsea and Afton attacked. Afton from the right, Corin and Chelsea from the left.

Emmett handled Afton easily while Jasper and Alice took care of Corin and Chelsea. Alice, of course, predicted every move that Chelsea had planned and took her out easily. It seemed Jasper, however, had finally met his match.

It took a while for Jasper and Corin to battle it out. Finally, Jasper was able to read her strategy and detached her head from the rest of her body.

Now the only ones left were Felix, Demetri and Heidi. Surely they wouldn't attack the Cullens? Not Alec and Jumelle, anyway. They'd been through a lot together. Heidi may, on Aro's command, but Felix and Demetri ...

It was still possible.

They continued through the castle, Alec and Jumelle leading the way through the confusing halls. Alec grasped his mate's hand as they reached the massive oak doors to the throne room. Their fates rested beyond these doors.