Chapter 5

My prayers were answered once again. We didn't go to the movie theater. Not because I told them I wasn't comfortable but because we were five different people with five different movie opinions. In the end, we decided that it was better to go out and eat something rather than wasting our time over fighting over some movies to watch. Before heading towards the restaurant, I made sure to call Allison and Austin and wish them goodnight. Lauren still was unaware of my marriage and my daughter and Reyna kept her promise of keeping her mouth shut and for that I was truly thankful to her.

The five of us ended up in a very a posh French restaurant where neither of us wanted to be at the first place. Turned out that we were just making an impression but as soon as our eyes stopped on the menus, we all agreed that it was better to just go and have some pizzas. These type of restaurants were made for dates, pizza was the real deal. We reached Pizza Hut soon enough, as I was the fifth wheel, I didn't know what to do as Normani and Dinah were mostly talking and Reyna and Lauren were way too cuddly for me to see. I wondered if I ever crossed Lauren's mind. Was she doing this on purpose to make me jealous? But then I remembered what Taylor had said to me.

“They are practically married anyway.”

That hurt like a bitch. As our pizzas arrived, we started eating like retarded pigs. Finally, they decided to include me in their conversations too even though Lauren would only look at me with her eyebrows knitted together. Her piercing green eyes were like laser and it took everything in me to dodge her stares because I knew that if I look at her, I'd probably do something that I would regret. I tried thinking about Austin but he was the last person in my mind right now and it was such a horrible thing. Dinah was finally warming up to Normani and began telling us her horrible jokes. I told them all how I met my best friend and Reyna almost spit her drink when I told them that I wasn't the person that Dinah thought she was stalking.

After we ate, we decided to go back our homes. I was excited to meet my daughter who was coming back tomorrow and I was saddened to leave Lauren again. I didn't want her to go back home with Reyna because God know what they'd do. Even thinking about Lauren having sex with Reyna scared me to bits and I can't stop thinking about the times where she used to worship my body. She was just so good. I pushed those thoughts away since I couldn't think about having sex with Lauren while she was standing right in front of me.

As the four of them said their goodbyes, I stood there awkwardly because I so wanted to say goodbye to Lauren but on the other hand I didn't want to let go of her. I hugged Normani and Reyna and told them I'd keep in touch and then slowly headed to Lauren's side. Did I have to hug her or just shake her hand? Or should I quietly tell her goodbye? But as soon as I walked to her side, she embraced me in a hug and I was on cloud nine. We stayed there, in our own world with no care about anything. I didn't care about Reyna being there and I didn't care about what I might feel after going back home. It was me and Lauren, in our own little world.

“It was a surprise but I am so glad to see you after years, Camila.” she said as she broke the hug. I wiped my eyes before she could even see and put up a strong posture in front of her.

“Me too, Lauren. And I would really like if we would keep in touch.” I said in a low voice. I really didn't want any other person to listen to us even though the other three were indulge in their own conversation.

I thought that my proposal of friendship might make Lauren uncomfortable or mad but no, she smiled at me in a most perfect way that I almost forgot how to breathe for a second. I thought that Lauren would ask me for my cellphone and put her digits in it but she didn't. Instead she surprised me by leaning and placing a very chaste kiss on my forehead. And that was when I couldn't take it anymore. A single tear fell from my eyes and she wiped it away, I was still glad that the three of the others weren't watching our exchange.