Chapter 26.

Christmas was two weeks ago.

And two weeks ago was the last time I talked to or saw Lauren.

I'd say I was relaxed and comfortable but those fourteen days were the absolute worst. After she gifted me the apartment, we headed straight to her place and opened the Christmas presents. I got Lauren a new leather jacket which she loved immensely and pearl earrings for Reyna. Those two wouldn't stop thanking me but still I wouldn't stop thinking about how much Lauren actually spent on me. But the conversation with Lauren where I wanted to ask her to choose was never brought up. I still hadn't talked about our relationship.

Lauren didn't call or text. Maybe she decided to accept our terms of keeping the distance which we formerly discussed but whatever it was, I was dying to see her. Although, Reyna and I kept in touch and Megan also officially moved in with Lauren. Taylor and Megan actually kept their mouths shut in front of everyone, I missed them all. Normani came around often, since I was living with Dinah again, Normani and Dinah made sure to indulge me in their conversations and plans and the oldest of the two also second her girlfriend; she asked me to pressure Lauren into choosing.

Two weeks ago was the last time I talked to Austin as well. He called a couple times but I didn't pick up the call. This time he was genuinely sorry but I was not going to forgive him for his behavior. On the new Year's Eve I actually saw him. Dinah and Normani escorted me to my place where I packed my stuff. I made sure to take everything. Austin was heartbroken but I couldn't even look at him without becoming angry so in absolute silence, the three of us headed out. I was leaving Austin very soon anyway.

The three of us then went to my new apartment. Normani already knew about the plan so she wasn't surprised but Dinah? Well, let's just say she was kind of very shocked to see what Lauren gave me. She couldn't believe it. The three of us hung out in that place for a couple of minutes but I still moved back in with Dinah. It still didn't feel right to stay there. And I knew I wouldn't stay there if Lauren wouldn't be with me. And it was all too much to accept. However, those two weeks were the absolute worst without her and I couldn't do anything to meet her again.

Our normal life routines were again started. Dinah and I went back to our offices and worked our asses off for the new issue for January which was always the hardest one. We didn't even have a second to breathe and eat something. Almost every night I came home exhausted. My time with Allison was reduced, she spent more time with Normani than me. The older girl was in love with the little toddler and they did everything together. I missed my daughter but what could I do? My work was necessary to give her a better life. The only time when I actually see her were the mornings and it sucked.

Today was the first Friday of the new year. I was so glad that the week finally ended, I couldn't actually take another day of working so much. Dinah and I packed our things in the office and moved out of the cabins, only to find the empty corridors. It was already ten by the time we were free. It had been that way since the past two weeks. I took a deep breath and got inside the elevator along with Dinah and we moved down in a complete silence. She drove to our place and we picked some takeouts from the pizza parlor. I was dead tired.

And then my cellphone started to ring. I lazily took it out of my bag, knowing that it would be some one from my office but when I saw the caller ID, I couldn't believe it. It was Lauren. She finally decided to call me. As Dinah parked the car and we moved out of it, I picked up the call while moving upstairs to my home now.

Camila: Hi.

Lauren: Hey! How are you?

Her voice. Oh god, her voice sounded so good. I almost melted but then the elevator's door opened and we moved inside it and shortly began moving up.