Chapter 38.

Birthday Greetings, 5H_for_life.
——

I looked at myself properly in the mirror after nearly a month today. Exactly after a month since she entered my life again. I haven’t got time to look at myself properly ever since then, for all I ever wished to see was that charming face of hers, after seeing which my face lights up. Was she the TV stick the beautician uses? Or the contour that changes everyone's face? I still haven’t found my answer yet.

Her entrance in my life had been a drastic change. For as I noticed today, my frown have faded away. The dark circles under my eyes are no longer there. Even though I stay up late till the morning talking to her, I don’t feel tired at all. Looks like she took all my fatigue away. Was she a pain killer? Or an anti-depressant? I still haven’t found my answer yet. Talking to her makes me feel great. I'm overwhelmed with joy when she compliments my smile. She makes me feel high. Was she a whiskey? Or cocaine? I still haven’t found my answer yet.

A month ago, the sun didn’t set the way it does now. In fact, my world didn’t have the sun. But ever since she had come, oh dear, the sun dances across the sky daily, playing hide and seek with the clouds. It sets in an incredibly beautiful manner, changing hues. From yellow to orange to pink to red: colors that had never been a part of my world since she was gone until she knocked on my door again. Was she a paint box? Or a rainbow? I still haven’t found my answer yet.

I hadn’t seen a twilight until last month. As I said before, the sun changes hues as it goes to bed. But the sky’s beauty doesn’t end then. In fact, it grows prettier and more breathtaking minute by minute as the purple twilight appears and the sparkling stars are distantly visible to the naked eye. Was she the contact lenses my optician told me to wear? Or the spectacles I hated to wear when I read? I still haven’t found my answer yet. There’s so much she had done to me. So much that has changed since she had come into my life. Alas, only if there were enough paper in the world to describe it. I was complete again. I was not only existing, I was living again.

Lauren turned my life upside down. Now I smile at random people and look at the flowers for a while longer. Is this normal how a person could change your way of living so quickly? A month ago I didn't even know how to breathe without her and now I was inhaling a breeze of fresh air every day. It was just because of Lauren. And I was the happiest person alive. The two of us have been together since the last one month. I could say there are complications like before but there aren't any. Everything is just perfect.

She was the perfect girlfriend. Her ways of making me feel good didn't change. She woke up earlier than me and most of the times she made me breakfast which was burnt. I saw the gesture though. She spent more time with me but the thing I didn't like about our relationship was how she was practically hiding from Allison. Ever since I told Lauren how my daughter literally hated her, Lauren felt bad and didn't even come in front of the nine years old. Even after a month of returning, Allison and Lauren hadn't even met yet. 

Megan and Lauren on the other hand were on speaking terms now. That's it, just speaking terms. They wouldn't hang out like they used to and Megan kept herself a little further away from her little sister. The sight is always heartbreaking but Lauren decided to be patient with Megan. She wouldn't force her sister to like her again even though I'm secretly hoping that she does force her sister. I want everything normal between our friends again.

And then came Dinah and Normani. The two girls who easily forgave Lauren that day, slapped her face before greeting her in their apartment. I knew they wouldn't let go of her that easily but Lauren didn't say a word. She just apologized to my two best friends and they instantly accepted her back in their lives. Everything was starting to become better again. I couldn't be more happier. It felt like my life was finally coming together and joining its pieces nicely.