Chapter 23.

Camila Cabello.

Nervous, that's how I felt again.

I wasn't sure what I was doing here while everyone else stared at me like a hawk but a part of me knew I had to talk to Lauren today, it was now or never. Ever since our last phone call a week ago, Lauren had been extremely distant. I knew I shouldn't have ignored her but I had no other options. Austin and Allison were being their immature selves and they probably would have broken the LCD screen in my mother in law's home if I hadn't stopped them.

A good thing came out of that trip, though. Austin and I were finally on good terms again. I realized it wasn't leading anywhere so we both made peace and I moved in my old home once again. Dinah was probably fed up of me too. Austin was out of the world happy when I told him I was moving back in. He kissed me on the lip and even if I didn't want to, I didn't want those awkward moments coming back again. I finally had my husband and my best friend back. I was not screwing it up again, not until Lauren leaves Reyna and promises me to marry me.

I did a lot of thinking as well over the past week. I finally concluded that I wouldn't try to come between Reyna and Lauren anymore but as soon as the plane landed I took a taxi to Lauren's house. I wanted to see her and I was actually craving her presence in my life. I missed her and knowing how mad she was at me saddened me. So here I was, sitting with everyone else while Lauren tried so hard to escape. She knew me so well, she knew I would come here as quickly as I could so she left and now she was taken off guard by seeing me here when she thought I'd have left.

With slow and steady steps, she sat right next to Dinah and looked at everyone with a sly smile on her face. I could tell she wanted to disappear but I wouldn't let her, not until she talked to me. “So...hi?” She nervously said.

“Lauren, where have you been?”

“I kept on calling for like an hour,”

“You better not be caressing that painting's hair,”

“Shou—”

“Stop,” Lauren finally spoke up and looked at everyone while chuckling. She wouldn't look at me, and that kind of hurt. I glanced at her and stood up to move out of the house. I knew there was no chance for me to talk to her so I might as well just go home and rest. After bidding my goodbyes to everyone, I finally made my way out but then I realized one thing, I was here in a taxi.

I groaned and kicked the ground underneath me and probably cursed all the curse words I knew. I was frustrated with everything. I was about to tug on my hair when I heard a fimiliar raspy chuckle from behind. Turning around I saw Lauren standing there with a small smile on her face but she didn't attempt to make a move towards me. She kept on standing there approximately six feet away from me and I couldn't help but walk towards her, but she instantly made her distance. I frowned.

“Hi,” she greeted politely with a smile and I did the same.

“How are you?” She asked me. And that was when I had enough.

“You have been ignoring me,” I calmly said and watched her facial expressions change. “Why?”

Lauren looked away. I could tell she was fighting an inner battle with herself but she wouldn't say a single thing to me. I would give everything up just to know what was going on inside her pretty little head. Lauren finally closed her distance with me and removed a strand of hair from my face. “I need to talk to you about something but not here. I'll be right back with my car keys and we could go out. Is that okay with you?” The girl I loved asked and I instantly nodded my head.

Lauren soon disappeared, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I had no idea what she was going to say to me but a part of me knew it had something to do with our relationship. What if she finally chose me or Reyna? What if she finally decided that it was not worth wasting her time with a married woman with a child? My thoughts were going out of control and knowing how I'd be alone with her in a couple of minutes scared me even further. Lauren came out of the house a couple of minutes later. She was nervous just like me, I could tell.