67.

Songs for chapter:

I found- Amber Run

-Niall

I walked through the hallway, the towel hanging loosely around my waist as I made my way towards the familiar door that I had tried avoiding. I forced myself to go in earlier with Ami and Gemma, but going in alone, it gave me an uncomfortable feeling. I pushed the door open slowly, swallowing hard.

Her scent was surrounding me, making my head spin.

'And I'll use you as a warning sign

That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

And I'll use you as a focal point'

My feet sunk into the soft carpet as I ran my fingers across the dresser, looking at each perfumed she used. Wondering to myself, what was the last one she used? Did she even use perfume before she left? Did she use a certain lotion? The thoughts jumbled my mind. I swallowed hard, opening the closet door.

Her clothes were still hanging neatly on the hangers, shoes lined up next to each other.

I suddenly felt the need to dust everything in this room.

Nothing had been touched.

Including that journal.

I sat at the end of the bed, holding it in my shaky hands. I was scared to see what could be written in this small thing. Her secrets, her life, possibly even her future goals. I didn't have the nerve to even open the book, I was terrified.

'And I've moved further than I thought I could

But I missed you more than I thought I would'

"Sorry to bother you, but I found some information." I looked up, holding the journal with a tighter grip.

"No, Michael, don't worry about it." I cleared my throat, "what did you find?" He stared at me for a moment before opening a tan colored folder, laying pictures across the dresser. I stood up, frowning at the pictures. "What is this?" I questioned, swallowing hard.

"Sometime type of sick photoshoot." He shook his head, "someone was taking pictures while they were getting inside of her head, possibly." I looked at him with a confused look.

"How do you know what they're doing to her?" He grinned.

"I hacked into Logan's system with the help of Luke." He laid more papers out, "he's doing some sort of memory testing on her brain, which is strange." I pressed my lips together, nodding slowly.

"That picture." I picked it up, chills running down my spin. She laid on a metal table, a white sheet covering her body. I can only imagine what they did to her. "What is it?" I asked, scared for his response.

"I'm not sure, Niall. All I know is that she isn't safe. She's not anywhere around here, she's hours away. I couldn't track his exact location. He's sneaky." I dropped the picture, swallowing hard.

"I'm going to get dressed, I have a dinner soon." I muttered, gripping the journal. "Please shut and lock this room when you leave." He nodded, looking at me.

"Niall, do you really love her?" He questioned, pulling at his orange hair. I licked my lips, putting my head down.

'And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be

Right in front of me

Talk some sense to me'

"Yes, Michael, I do love her." I whispered, turning away from him.