XIII

To TeddySheeran91 - for guessing correctly what Arya is :D

Hope you enjoy! I will spend the next few hours excitedly awaiting your comments! :D

Come back, even as a shadow, even as a dream.
- Euripides

XIII

With a flicker of his wrist the new arrival sent Zaríel flying, his body landing in a heap several meters away from them. He did not get up again, but as Legolas glanced at him through his eyelashes he could see he was still breathing. The shimmering globe that Zaríel had extracted from her was floating in the air over her body, a dark matter swirling around it.

"Little Ára Anvanya," the deity mumbled, his hands reaching down to turn her onto her back so that he could see her face, "I heard your call."

Legolas had practically held his breath until now – but something in him bristled as he watched the Vala trace one long finger softly against her cheek and he could not stay silent any longer; Vala or not: "will you save her?"

He suddenly found himself trapped under the steely gaze of one of the creators of Arda, but he kept his own gaze steady not wavering in the slightest. Feeling his heart racing in his chest he struggled to keep his breathing even and was rewarded as Námo tilted his head downwards slightly; "I will try, Mirkwoodian, though I will have to call upon my brother."

Legolas' fingers fisted tightly as he watched him caress her cheek again, but were surprised as his long finger extended towards him – gesturing for him to come closer. Slowly making his way over to them he settled on his knees beside her his hands twitching by his side as he tried to keep from touching her.

"She is significant to you."

It was a statement, not a question – and Legolas' eyes moved up to meet the Vala's once again. He nodded his head slowly, trying to piece together how Arya had the powers to contact one of the Valar. Though if he was completely honest with himself he already knew, or at least had a very strong inkling.

"You called her Ára Anvanya. That is her real name?"

A flicker of a smile crossed the Vala's face as he nodded his head, "she was so bright when she was made, and unlike the rest of us who chose our own names we named her. When first created she looked like a little child; and we all cared deeply for her. She became our own, our young – as we do not birth children of our own. Of the Maiar she was our most cherished, and for that we named her Ára Anvanya – most beautiful dawn – because she brought joy and light into our lives."

Legolas couldn't help but smile at the small tidbit of information, both because he finally got to know something of her past; and because she seemed to have some good memories to look forwards to. His fingers almost subconsciously started to run through her hair, something that was not lost on the Vala sitting beside him.

"Your bond is strong, despite only being one-sided," he said; his voice, though still regal was rough – almost as if he did not spend much time talking. What he said next though shook Legolas slightly, because it was as if he had looked inside his mind; "you fear she will leave once she regains her memories."

Inhaling softly, Legolas lowered his head until he was looking at her relaxed face, her forehead was cold now, her heart barely beating inside her chest. "Won't she?" He asked softly, "it would not be fair for me to expect her to stay here."

"I do not pretend to understand the kind of love you feel," was the Vala's reply, "but I do know that for you to take that into consideration your love for her must be greater than anything I have ever known."