Hush, Little One

The night was calm, peaceful, everyone at the base was catching up on much needed sleep, including the Autobot leader Optimus Prime, whose back was turned to his sparkmate and medic Ratchet. They enjoyed the sleep, the warmth and soft pillows and blankets. Yes, they desperately needed the rest. Ratchet in particular, given the situation he was in the past few months. He deserved it. Optimus, sleeping, was awoken by a sharp wail piercing the silence like a dagger. Jolting him awake. 

He awoke, sitting up with a groan, he looked to see two round glowing blue eyes look back, he felt the covers shift as Ratchet stirred, he rested a hand on his shoulder, silently saying he'll handle the situation. He got a nod as his response and he watched his love slowly eased back into the bed. Optimus got up, and walked to over to where the blue eyes were, revealing a little femme, whose armor was white, with little stumps for door wings, similar to those of Bumblebee's, she had Optimus's audio finials, and Ratchet's crests on her head, which were a shade of light blue, along with stripes on her chest and arms. Optimus picked her up, she cooed, her wailing stopped when she was given attention. 

Optimus smiled softly, walking back to his bed, and sat down, propped up enough for the sparkling that was his to sit at him, she looked at her Sire, the one who helped her come into being. He gently rubbed her wings, causing her to let a chirp of approval. She let out a loud squeak, causing Ratchet to stir, Optimus saw and shushed her, "Hush, Little one, your Carrier needs the rest." Ratchet was already up, leaning against the railing, "I'm fine, Optimus." His speech was slightly slurred from being woken up early. He gently held the sparkling's hand. She let out a chirp, he smiled. 

Ratchet took the little one and held her, he cradled her, he knew he shouldn't be up this late, but his daughter, his only daughter needs him. He smiled, "I know, I know," He said with a slight chuckle, "I love you too." He leaned against his sparkmate, who wrapped his arm around him, he leaned in to whisper, "She's perfect." Ratchet nodded in agreement, "She is. Our baby." 

"Our little Blizzard."