New Year

"3." 

"2." 

"1." 

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The kids shouted, as the ball dropped from its perch in Time Square, Ratchet groaned in annoyance, he got up and walked to his private quarters, he did his work there, it drowned the noise to an extent, enought to be barely audible, Ratchet worked. He didn't know why this day was so important, nor did he care. It's just a day. Why celebrate? He looked and saw Optimus there, he walked in, "I don't get why the kids are so wound up about this New Year." He sighed. Optimus rested his hands on his shoulders. 

He felt him dig in his wiring, massaging it. He leaned his head back, needing it. (See what I did there?) Optimus answered, "They're celebrating a new year, it's 2017." Ratchet shrugged, or tried to, "Still, now that you mention it, last year has been upsetting." Optimus nodded, "With the election, the DAPL, the police brutality, that man Brock Turner, and all the celebrity deaths." Ratchet nodded, "I was a bit upset when Carrie Fisher died." Optimus smiled, knowing Ratchet loved Star Wars for its creativity and vast ideas, and its interpretations of aliens. Optimus nodded, "As was I, and I was upset that Prince died as well." He had a liking for the singer, he once was caught singing Purple Rain in the washrack. 

Ratchet chuckled and turned so he was facing him. He wrapped his arms around his neck, "We have approximately 45 seconds left until Midnight is over." Optimus smiled, and placed his hands on Ratchet's hips. They leaned in and kissed, a New Year tradition. Miko saw and took a picture. 

(A Late Happy New Year to you all! Sorry it's short. I'm running low on ideas.)