4. Vendetta

{4} Song: 'Brother' by Matt Corby

She watched Klaus's handsome face turn into a gargoyle as the pole withdrew his last breath. His chair was knocked back and his head crashed the floor, leaving behind a crater-size dent. Blood stained his clothes and a small puddle formed. Kol was on his feet in an instant. He broke one of the wooden chair legs and held it up as a stake. Lisa backed away cautiously. Someone ripped open the entrance doors and shattered the windows. The hybrids were about to attack the intruder until they witnessed Klaus's dead body. They retreated. They retreated? Looks like he has loyalty issues, Lisa thought.

The intruder came to view with another pole in his hand. He didn't acknowledge her existence, only focused on Kol. Lisa edged away until she reached the shattered window. The front garden was vast and colorful. It would have looked like paradise if the water fountains weren't destroyed. When she turned to Kol, he was wrestling with the intruder, shaking the place as they forced each other into the walls. There were no hybrids in sight. This was her only chance of escaping.

I'm free, I can go home. I can leave this place she thought. But then she glanced back at Klaus's dead body and for some strange reason, she couldn't turn her back on him. It was as if she was compelled not to leave the mansion, which was absurd because she knew that she wasn't. She kept staring at him. He killed Melanie, he killed Chace. He's a killer Lisa, why can't you just leave him! She moved an inch closer to the window and ordered her body to jump out but only a sigh of frustration escaped the window. What's wrong with me? Then she did the unthinkable. She walked over to Klaus's dead body and with all her strength, she pulled out the pole. When it was out, the hole in his chest started healing rapidly. Lisa stepped back.

*

Kol and Finn were still fending each other off. It was rare for these two to fight but without a decent explanation for spearing his siblings, Kol was prepared to get Finn back. Finn wasn't known to be the aggressive one either but today was the perfect day to let off some steam after what happened. He was supposed to be in Rome by now but plans have changed. Kol got hold of the makeshift stake and was about to stab Finn when suddenly a stake finally pierced through Finn's chest. He groaned.

"I asked for a souvenir not a hole in the chest." And then in one swift move Klaus snapped Finn's neck. That's when Kol started to take in Finn's tattered clothes and the smell smoke and saltwater lingering in the air. His unruly hair was tangled with debris and the only theory that Kol could concoct was that something went terribly wrong.

"What did you do?" Rebekah barked. She has just recovered from her run in with Finn. Her white lace shirt was torn and soaked in blood as she stormed towards Klaus. Her feelings were definitely hurt because she loved Finn.

"But he's family and family should stick together. Remember that little sis?" Klaus mimicked Rebekah. "I had to stop him." He built this mansion for his family so when Finn wanted to move to Rome as a permanent resident, he couldn't just let him go that easily.

"You blew up the plane?" Kol said incredulously.

"I've done worse." Klaus replied cold-heartily.

"Oh my god, you killed Sage," Rebekah gasped. "Otherwise Finn would have never attacked us. I can't believe you." There were tears in her eyes. She knew how much Finn loved Sage so it became very overwhelming for her.

"I never liked Sage anyway." Klaus muttered.

"How could you do that to Finn?" Rebekah cried. She tried desperately hard to forgive Klaus for endangering her and siblings. But although he has granted them freedom, they're still trapped in Klaus's hollow chest.

"This is definitely not something I can cover up for you." Kol said as he hauled Finn's body onto his shoulders and left. Klaus sighed and was about to wander off when he noticed Lisa, standing near the shattered window just scrutinizing him. He gave her a faint smile.