23. Awakened

{23}

Previously on Taming Klaus...

At first Lisa thinks Xavier has returned from the dead but it's actually his ghost that's haunting her.

She is mentally tormented by his ghost as he wants vengeance on Klaus.

Cecilia and Klaus tried to help her but the outcome is still ambiguous.

Caleb is awake.

He craves and Dakota makes a good bait.

"I don't want a blood bag. I want something fresh."

~

There was something simply exquisite about the taste of blood. Once it touches your tongue after you feel starved, there's no going back. For vampires of course. Blood is quite exhilarating for the senses and Caleb is in absolute heaven.

Dakota was nearing her last breath when Caleb stopped himself.

"Nope, can't have you dying just yet." He said as he forced her to drink his blood. She struggled, helplessly. In just a few moments she had vampire blood in her system and Caleb snapped her neck. There's no going back now.

He grinned a bloody grin and roamed the sanctuary freely. Feeling empowered because he was now reborn a vampire. This was his second shot at life.

The truth was, he has been pretending to be asleep for awhile to eavesdrop on the conversations that revolved around the location of his new apartment and his daylight ring. Pleased with himself. He grabbed the ring and the keys.

It's time to get going.

*

Cecilia tucked Lisa in bed after medicating her with a strong sedative. Klaus looked on wearily. Everytime he thinks he has a chance to be with her, something has to happen and he's left futile.

What's scary is not knowing how to fix this. The curse can only be lifted if something takes Xavier's place. If Esther cast another newborn to be a hunter. But the chances are unlikely.

"You should leave. It's you Xavier wants to target. If you even get a drop of her blood in our system, don't be surprised if you see Finn when you wake up." Cecilia gestured for Klaus to leave. He nodded solemnly and planted a soft kiss on Lisa's forehead. "If there's any progression, you know I'll tell you."

Once Klaus left, there was a dark lurking shadow dancing on the walls. Cecilia eyed it, annoyed.

"Xavier I know it's you. If it weren't for Caleb I would have brought you back, so you could be saved." She said aloud.

She felt the shadow floating closer to hear, whispering in her ear.

"Saved? Just like you saved those poor girls in 1974?"

The hairs on Cecilia's head pointed up like splinters. What did he say?! How did he-

"Yes, I know about that incident. That's one of the perks of being dead. You get to unravel so many things about the living."

A cold shiver slithered down Cecilia's face as she remained shocked in response.

"You killed young beautiful girls for a ritual that could restore your youth. That is your sin, isn't it, Cecilia? That is what will make you rot in hell!"

"SHUT UP!" Cecilia blocked her ears and surrendered to her knees. There were tears threatening her but she couldn't have it. She can't let Xavier haunt the ghosts of her past too. She shook her head and practiced breathing. There was absolutely no way, he can affect her like this.