26. Asssemble

{26}

Previously on Taming Klaus....

Klaus and Lisa have near-sex/death-experience.

Kol's worked on his mojo and has Sara, his ex-witch corporations with him.

Cecilia is convinced that Klaus is a demon and is trying to kill him.

Lisa gets a window surprise from Caleb and they run off together.

Alyssa is now Xavier's next victim....

*

The shower is still running and Alyssa finds herself on the wet tile floor, hugging her naked body. What on earth just happened? She thought she was in control. Her humanity was turned off but when Xavier...licked her neck...it felt so real it scared her. Now her humanity is back on and she's not liking all the crazy emotions stirring within her.

How did he do that?

How did he manage to get into her head so easily? If she had been a witch, it would have been impenetrable. But it's not like Alyssa tried any mind strengthening techniques. She's been out partying the moment she decided to leave home. Perhaps that's why she feels futile to Xavier's spirit. She's had Cecilia as a nanny who sometimes shares her witch secrets with her but really, Alyssa has never trained to be witch. She can't recite a spell and sure as hell hasn't done any occult stuff to protect her mind from evil spirits. Most of the time they know better than to mess with her.

He obviously doesn't.

She can hear him chuckle. It echoed around the bathroom, making her fume.

"Go away." She said sternly.

Slowly, Alyssa began to pick herself off the ground when she felt it again; his dangerously close presence to her bare body.

Fucking perv.

Goosebumps immediately prickled her skin. She turned off the shower, so the fog started to clear. But with vigilant eyes, she scanned the area for any shadows or weird happenings. So far it's just his laughter tormenting her ears. No more appearances. Alyssa felt her heartbeat accerlate fast, paranoid. She didn't want to be haunted....because what scared her most was feeling of someone in her head.

*

It's almost two am and Lisa is with Caleb in a stolen sports car, on their way to 'safe' apartment. Lisa didn't even bother questioning Caleb about the car. She had simply concluded it as a getaway vehicle. Plus she couldn't help but feel a sense of acknowledgement that Caleb actually turned around to rescue her, that he actually thought of her. She honestly thought he was mad at her...well he has the right to be...she did kill him once.

"So you're awfully quiet." Caleb commented as he gave her a side glance.

She relaxed into the cushioning of the seat and smiled.

"I have a lot going on in my head, Caleb. I don't want to put you through a migraine because of it...I've put you through enough-"

"Okay, I think it's about time we stop re-opening wounds or rehashing the past because we can't fix it, Lisa. I know what happened was really messed up. Like who knew vampires and witches existed, right? But I'm here now, because of you. I know you'd fight for me and I appreciate it. We're both lost causes in this Lisa, perhaps it's time to start fresh. Seriously, I really want to leave all the gory stuff behind us." He gazed her thoughtfully.

Lisa felt her a tear slid down her cheek.

He's an amazing bestfriend. Simply amazing. Sometimes she did wish that she felt something deeper towards him. Love was complicated as it is but she felt things would simplify immediately with Caleb. He made her feel better. No matter what the circumstance.