27. Spellbound

{27}

Previously on Taming Klaus...

Lisa and Caleb are on their way to their new apartment,

Sara saves Klaus from being cast down to hell by a possessed Cecilia,

Alyssa is hallucinating and that led Kol to snap her neck.

Hayley and Elijah now join them in lifting the curse.

Lisa is fooled again by the devious Esther when she discovers that Esther has taken over Caleb's body.

*

Kol rushed to the Sanctuary where Sara was recuperating Klaus and Cecilia. Hayley and Elijah were also present, hovering over Alyssa's unconscious body. He frowned at the sight but there's still so much to do and yet look at how futile everything has gotten. Klaus is weak, Cecilia's mentally unstable, Dakota is a bloodthirsty vampire, Alyssa's being haunted by a vampire hunter and now freaking Lisa is missing.

It's a bad day.

"Lisa's gone. I went to her room and she's not there but the window was opened." Kol explained in one breath.

Everyone turned to him with a perplexed expression. Only Klaus managed to snap out of his deranged thoughts. His eyes widened and he tried to get up on his feet when Sara shoved him back down, scolding.

"You need to preserve your strength, Klaus."

Hayley shot Kol a weary look. She has heard a fair bit about Lisa and how she impacted on Klaus' life and emotional well being but she never thought she'd see the day that Klaus would care about someone, especially a hunter. Elijah just sighed deeply and put a protective arm around Hayley. Things just seemed to be getting worse and worse.

"You think she ran off?" Hayley suggested.

"No." Klaus replied, he squeezed his eyes shut up frustration. The last time he saw Lisa was when they were having an intimate moment and he ruined it. Like he ruins everything. Sara sensed his conflicting emotions and tried to channel some more positive engery towards him.

"I don't think she ran off either. But if she didn't escape then who would have taken her?" Kol speculated.

Cecilia began to stir, her aching body was slowly healing. She didn't resemble the glamourous Cecilia who strutted with utter confidence in twelve inch heels anymore, no. She looked ten years older and her exertion sucked the life out of her forest green eyes. It was as if she was missing a piece of her soul. Maybe that was the case. As she had been confronted with her past demons and then performed black magic to banish Klaus. She was not only exerted but also inextricably shattered by the events.

"Caleb..." She whispered, "It could have been Caleb."

Everyone turned to her. Hayley and Elijah have been informed about the ressurection and how Caleb was Lisa's bestfriend who is now a newborn vampire. But Klaus shot up straight, ignoring Sara's demands.

"Caleb is missing too, he turned Dakota into a vampire and left. He must've have taken Lisa!" Klaus growled, he's never grown a distaste for Caleb before but he knows that something has changed Caleb. He's no longer human. Who knows what has happened.

Kol thought about this but added.

"True, but he can't be invited in remember? He was ressurected in the sanctuary that's a different part of the house. It's underneath the house but still, it's not the same. That means he couldn't have gotten into Lisa's room and kidnapped her...or she went willingly."

Klaus' face dropped.

He feels like it's his fault. He must've have scared her. With balled fists he was prepared to punch a wall or something but Sara put a hand on his chest and gave him a reassuring nod.