6|There's Something Very Wrong (Talex)

Tobin's POV

I normally couldn't wait to get back to national team camp but this time I was dreading it. I was dreading the fact that I would have to see Alex and act like nothing's wrong, that nothing has changed since she left. Even though she didn't even tell me she was leaving Portland.

Flashback

I walk into my shared apartment I shared with my girlfriend and teammate for the Portland Thorns FC and the United States Women's National Team Alex Morgan expecting her to be on the couch watching and football match or in our room taking a nap but when I walk into the small living room we have I see all of Alex's stuff missing and a note on the table.

'Toby, I'm sorry that I couldn't tell you this in person or give you any reason of why I'm doing this other than for the public view of me and you but I moved to Orlando to join the Orlando Pride. I'm so so sorry I wish I wasn't a stupid idiot who can't even tell me how much you mean to me but I've already left. I'm sorry I lied to you about ignoring what the media says but please know I love you so so so much. I'm so sorry Tobin, I love you with everything in my heart and soul.

Love, Lex'

She didn't even leave me any hints beforehand. She just out of the blue left and didn't talk to me since.

The worst part is I have to act like I talk to her all the time and lie and lie and lie more because Kling, Lindsey and Sonnett won't leave it alone that I'm dating one of our teammates.

I finally cracked and told Allie when she practically begged since she knew I was lying about all the things I would say about Alex since her and Alex are still pretty close so they would talk at least once a week.

Flashback

"That's it Tobin, I know you're lying about the things you say about Alex. Just tell me what's going on." Allie begs me as soon as I answer the door to my now lonely apartment a week or two into preseason.

I let her in and lead her to the couch and just sit down putting my head in my hands before start, "Alex didn't tell me she was leaving, hell, she told me the exact opposite and said to ignore what the media said about her leaving. She didn't tell me, she didn't leave any hints, she just got up one day and left leaving this note behind." I say pulling out the note that was in a box under the couch.

I look up at Allie as she reads the entire thing and when she does she puts in down on the table, in the exact spot Alex left it when she left and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry Harry." she whispers in my ear making me chuckle a little as we pull away from our embrace and she smiles, "There's that smile I haven't seen a lot."

After a few seconds of silence Allie asks, "How often do you guys speak?"

"We haven't since the lunch date we had the day she left," I say plainly and Allie just looks at me in shock.

"Tobin that's like 2 months ago!" she exclaims and I just nod.

"2 months and 17 days and like..." I pause looking at my phone for the time. "3 hours ago."

"Tobs, you have to talk to her." Allie says softly placing her hand on my shoulder and I just snap.

I smack her hand away and stand up and yell furiously "Don't you think I've tried to Allie!! Do you think I just let her leave?!?!? Do you think I don't want to talk to MY girlfriend for 2 and a half months Allie?!?" at this point I walking around the room randomly pointing at things that Alex left behind.