{3} It's Called A Distraction

3rd Person POV

The next morning

Mia's Outfit:

Mia and her crew were all sitting at their table in the cafeteria as  Janson was saying names

Mia and her crew were all sitting at their table in the cafeteria as Janson was saying names. Mia was sitting next to Thomas, with Thomas sitting in between Mia and Newt.

"We need to know what's through that door." Thomas stated

Newt said to them, "Now, we've been over this. You guys said they were covered up. So you both don't know what you saw. It could've been anything under there."

"Newt, it looked like they were in a coffin. They were bodies." Mia said. "Besides, Aris told us that they bring in a new batch every night."

"Who the hell is Aris?" Minho asked

"The guy that's been here the longest." Mia said using her head to point in his direction.

"Well, I'm sold." Minho stated looking at Aris then back at Mia

Newt said to them, "Okay, until we know anything for certain, we should just keep our heads down and try not to draw any attention to ourselves, all right?"

Mia whispered to Thomas, "See that, the guard has the keycard. Maybe if we get it, we could find out what's through that door."

"So we need to distract him." Thomas said then Mia winked at him. "I guess so."

"And just so you know, you still owe me." Mia said getting up heading towards the guard with Thomas standing beside her.

"What the hell are they doing?" Newt questioned.

Frypan answered, "I think they're drawing attention to themselves."

Mia and Thomas were walking together following the group heading out until a guard stopped them.

"Woah, hang on." The guard said, "You guys weren't called."

Mia said crossing her arms, and said, "How would you know? You don't even know my name. He called our names but we didn't rise in an orderly fashion. I must have been in the bathroom."

The guard said, "Drop the attitude, sweetheart."

"Sweetheart? Well, that's the first." Mia said giving a guard a fake smile

"We'll just be out in a second." Thomas said

"That's a restricted area, kid." The guard said.

"There is a lot of restricted areas here. Why is that?" Mia asked the guard

"For kids like you who won't stay in their seats." The guard said pointing at their chests.

"Hey, get your hands off her." Thomas said to the guard

The guard said, "Or what? What are you going to do about it?"

As the guard looked back to Mia, Mia head-butted the guard, then started to punch him in the face constantly since he was on the ground. She secretly got the key card while she was beating him up.