{1} We're On Their Side

3rd Person POV

Present day

As they both wake up, with Mia lifting up her head from Thomas's shoulder. They realized Minho was telling them to wake up. "Wake up! We gotta go! Come on!"

One of the guards told them as they got out of the helicopter, "Let's go! Let's go! We gotta go!"

Mia patted herself as she realized that she left the item that Chuck gave her in the helicopter. "Wait, wait, wait!"

She ran back to the helicopter and she found the item under the bag. She held onto it as the guard told her, "Get out of here!"

"Cranks! We got Cranks!" The guard yelled out

"Mia, come on!" Thomas held onto Mia's other hand as they were running into the building. "Mia!"

Once they've entered the building, all of their faces were filled with shock. With Mia's hair down to the right side of her shoulders, she felt her hand being attached to Thomas. They both look at each other as Mia's hand held his hand tightly.

 They both look at each other as Mia's hand held his hand tightly

They were all in a different room until a man entered the room.

Mia and Thomas were still holding hands as they all walked in front of the man, when the man said, "You kids doing alright? Sorry about the fuss outside. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm."

"Who are you?" Thomas asked

The man answered, "I'm the reason, you're all still alive. It's my intention to keep you that way. Now come with me. We'll get you kids squared away."

As they were walked following the man, the man started to speak saying, "Just call me Mr. Janson. I run this place, for us, this is a sanctuary, safe from the horrors of the outside world.You all should think of it as a way station. Kind of a home between homes. Watch yourselves."

Mia asked him, "You're taking us home?"

"A home of sorts. Sadly, there is barely anything where you came from. But we do have a place for you. A refuge, outside of the scorch. A place where WCKD could never find you again. How does that sound? " Janson replied.

Mia had a strange feeling about this guy, she was going to tell Thomas about it, but only when they were alone.

"Why are you helping us?" Minho asked

"Let's just say the world out there, is in a same curious situation. We're all hanging on to a very deep thin thread. You guys could survive the flare virus making you the best chance of humanity continue of survival." Janson said to them

"Unfortunately, it also makes you a target and there is no doubt by now. Behind this door, is the beginning of your new lives. First things first, let's do something about that smell of yours. Mia, Teresa, come with me." Janson said as Teresa walks beside him meanwhile, Mia was still holding Thomas's hand.