{8} You're Not Her

3rd Person POV

"Thanks, Thomas." Brenda said to him. "We should get going."

They carefully got out of there walking down the stairwell.

Thomas pointed out, "We could get down there. Come on."

They made their way to the ground looking around the abandoned buildings covered in dust and sand. "Jesus." Mia commented

Thomas asked, "Hey, you hear that?"

Mia slowly nods her head then looks behind her and notices Brenda on the ground sitting up. Thomas and Mia look at each other and walks over to Brenda.

"You all right?" Mia asked concerned

Brenda lifted up the bottom of her jeans and saw a bite mark covered with blood, "Shit."

"Woah." Mia said feeling dizzy and Thomas held onto her, "Mia?"

Mia lifts up the bottom of her jeans and saw the scratch from the crank on her, "Tom?"

Her eyes were watery as she looks at Thomas looking at the mark.

"This can't happen." Brenda commented then she fixed Mia's mark wrapping it and putting her jeans down. "This can't happen."

"Mia, look at me." Thomas said as she was breathing heavily, "Mia, we're gonna figure something out, okay? I promise."

Brenda got up and said, "Let's just go find Marcus."

Mia and Thomas intertwined their fingers as they followed Brenda walking through the fence. Looking around, Mia noticed the people and the community that they entered.

"Just try to blend in." Brenda said to them

Mia said sarcastically, "Yeah, that should be easy."

They looked around and saw the people as Thomas held onto Mia's hand tighter. She looks at their hands and up at Thomas.

He said to her, "Just stay close, okay?"

"I'm not going anywhere." Mia said as he was looking at her

Looking up the red banner that labeled 'Zone A', Mia, Thomas, and Brenda walked on the sidewalk, going to the entrance. They heard the surrounding music that was blasting throughout the building.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Thomas asked looking around

A blonde woman stood behind them and asked, "You here for the party?"

They turn looking at her and Mia replied, "Definitely not."

"We're looking for Marcus. This is his place, isn't it?" Brenda asked the blonde lady

A guy called out, "This is my place."

They walked over to him and Thomas asked, "Are you, Marcus?"

"Marcus doesn't live here anymore." He informed them

Mia asked, "Do you know where we could find him?"

"Sure, sure, he's over at 'Zone B'." The guy replied then Mia asked, "Zone B?"

The blonde lady puts her hand on Mia's shoulder and whispered, "It's where they burn the bodies."

She walks in front of them standing next to the guy and commented, "You're very stunning."

"Thanks." Mia replied awkwardly

Thomas asked, "Okay, look, has anyone else been here looking for him?"