Sneak Peek into Third Book: Wicked Games

3rd Person POV

In the WCKD compound, Thomas, Newt, Mia, and Minho were running down the hallway.

"Oh shit!" Mia exclaimed looking at Janson and other guards on the other side

Thomas yelled out, "In here! In here!"

They all immediately got into the room. Thomas slams the door and locks it.

Janson tries banging on the door trying to open it.

"Newt, come on!" Minho said and himself and Newt tossed down a steel table blocking the door.

Mia looks around trying to figure a way out. She looks down below standing in front of the window.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Mia asked Thomas, turning her head looking at him

Thomas sighed, "You have got to be kidding me."

"Someone get this door open!" Janson ordered and a guard told him, "Yes, sir!"

The four turned their heads looking at the door as they heard the sound of the drill and the orange sparks falling onto the ground.

"Oh my god." Mia commented. "That's just great."

As they were slowly stepping backward, Minho asked them, "Any ideas?"

Mia turns her head looking at Thomas, "It's probably the worst idea I ever came up with."

She looks at Minho and Newt and said, "Can you guys do me a favor?"

Minho and Newt look at each other then carried a large steel jar and threw it out of the window.

The four looks down and watched it land. Thomas commented, "Okay. Well, I guess it's doable."

"Gotta have that running start, don't you think?" Mia commented as they took a couple of steps back

Minho stands next to Mia and asked, "You sure about this?"

"I think we're about to die." Mia said looking at Minho. "Considering the fact that I hate heights, this is my worst idea ever."

"Nice pep talk, Mia." Minho said to her

Thomas replied standing next to her on the other side. "Way to be optimistic, babe."

Newt responded, standing next to Thomas, "Yeah, we're all bloody inspired."

"This is fucking crazy!" Mia told them then turned around as they heard the door open

The guard yelled, "Go, go, go!"

Janson entered in then Thomas held onto Mia's hand as all four of them ran out of the window and jumped out.