{9} Opportunity

3rd Person POV

Flashback:

As time went by, without Mia in his life, Thomas found a way to get her back. Or get him back to her. Walking in the tech room, he was looking for Teresa. Spotting Teresa, she greeted, "Hey."

Going up to her, he asked, "Hey, did anyone see you come here?"

"No, what are you talking about?" Teresa questioned then Thomas pointed out, "We don't have a lot of time."

Teresa asked as her face was filled with concern, "Thomas, what's wrong?"

Thomas rushed, "I just had to see you and just try to explain things before." He looks around and noticed a figure who was also in the room looking for him

"Oh no." Thomas whispered and grabs Teresa trying to hide the both of them. "Thomas!" Teresa exclaimed

He continued, "Just listen to me, okay? Whatever they tell you about me, whatever they say. I just need you to know I had to do it. For Mia. I had to do it for her after what they did to her."

"What did you do?" Teresa asked then Thomas replied, "I couldn't keep watching them die. Watching Mia die. I can't-I can't. I love her. I did this for her, Teresa."

A guard grabbed him and called out, "Over here!"

Thomas said to her, "I'm sorry. You'll understand, okay?"

Teresa calls back, "Thomas!"

Present Day:

Thomas opens his eyes and whispered, "Mia."

"Thomas?" Teresa asked making him look at her

"Thomas?" Teresa asked making him look at her. She smiles and asked, "Hey, you okay?"

"Teresa, where's Mia? I need to see Mia. Where's Mia?" He said to her sitting up

Teresa looks at her hands and said, "Thomas, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Where's Mia?" Thomas asked again then Minho came and said, "You have some explaining to do, you ugly shank."

Thomas groans as he sits up and saw Mia looking at her hands as Aris was next to her comforting her.

"Mia." Thomas said then Minho gave him a 'don't even try' look. Mia wipes her tear falling down her cheek with her hoddie that she was now wearing.

They watched Jorge beat up the guy tied up in the chair, "I suggest that you talk! You son of a bitch!"

"Damn it!" The guy exclaims as Thomas gets up walking towards Mia. Minho stops him standing in front of Thomas. And Minho was crossing his arms

Thomas whispered, "I need to talk to her."

"About the fact that you kissed another girl in front of her." Minho whispered back, "Out of all of the guys in the world, I thought you weren't going to be the one to hurt her."

"Please, Minho. I need to talk to her." Thomas pleaded then Minho sighed shaking his head. Thomas sighed and looks at the guy Jorge was beating up

The guy said to them, "I'm sorry but you're going to have to leave my house."

Newt commented to Thomas, "Looks like you've been having fun."

Jorge said to the guy, "Listen, I don't enjoy hurting you, okay? But she will."

Mia stands up standing next to Jorge as he handed her the gun. Jorge asked, "Where is the Right Arm, Marcus?"

"Wait, this is Marcus?" Thomas asked and Marcus chuckled, "The kid catches on quick." Looking at Thomas, Marcus asked, "Are you the brains of the operation?"

Jorge grabs Marcus's hair making Marcus look up at him, "I know you know where they're hiding. So you tell me, and I'll make you a deal. You can come with us."

Marcus laughed and said, "I burned that bridge a long time ago. Besides, I made my own deal."

Looking up at Jorge he said, "You're the one who taught me, never miss an opportunity."

"What's he talking about?" Newt questioned and Marcus answered, "I'm talking about supply and demand."

Marcus explained, "WICKED wants all the Immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure the kids in, they get drunk, they have a good time. And then later, Wicked comes in, they separate the wheat from the chaff."

"You sick bastard." Mia commented then puts her finger on the trigger aiming for his foot. Marcus screams in pain then Mia called out, "Talk! Tell us what you know!"

She said in a calmer tone, "Unless, you want me to shoot something else?"

Marcus groans and called out, "Okay! Jesus!" He looked at Mia and said, "You got balls, kid."

"You're not going to have any in 2 seconds." Mia said to him. "Talk!"

"Fine!" He explained, "But I'm not going to make any promises. These guys like to move around. They have an outpost in the mountains. But it's a long way away. You got half of Wicked on your ass. You're never gonna make it."

Jorge stated, "Not on foot." He asked Marcus, "Where's Bertha?"

"Not Bertha." Marcus stated then Mia commented, "Too bad. Nice chat though."

Mia gives back Jorge his gun. She grabs her jacket and Thomas whispered, "Mia. Can we talk?"

"What's there to talk about? We're done. We're over, okay? Meaning, we're not together anymore." Mia said putting on her jacket

"Mia." Thomas said and Mia replied, "What? You don't love me anymore. Everything was a lie. Wasn't it, Thomas?"

Thomas pleaded, "Mia, please, just let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain. You clearly showed that you don't love me anymore. So, why bother explaining?" Mia snapped then walks away before Thomas could say anything