{7} Follow Me!

3rd Person POV

As Mia opened her eyes, she realized that she was still on top of Thomas. As for Thomas, his arms were still around Mia's waist. Mia turned her head facing Thomas still out of breath from running.

Thomas asked her, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Mia responded as she was getting up

Brenda said to them, "Hey, you guys could talk later, alright? Right now, we need to get out of here."

Thomas asked, "Wait, how do you guys know each other?"

Mia sighed, "She was my childhood best friend before I worked for Wicked. She was in a couple of my dreams back at the Glade. She had long hair."

Brenda responded, "Sorry, I didn't properly greet you, Mia. But for both of our protection, it's better that Mia doesn't tell anyone about her past and what she remembers. So, Thomas, it looks like you're the only one who knows, so keep your mouth shut."

"I could see how you guys are best friends." Thomas said as Mia was chuckling. As Mia and Thomas got up, Brenda handed them both flashlights.

Thomas asked, "Why are you helping us?"

Brenda replied, "Well, one I'll do anything to protect Mia. And trust me, I wouldn't be doing this but Jorge seems to believe that you guys are the ticket to go to Safe Haven."

Mia questioned, "Safe Haven?"

"Yeah, you know Paradise. Free from infection. Supposedly, the Right Arm has been taking kids there for years. " Brenda said to them, "Immunes, anyways."

"That sounds nice." Mia commented

"Do you know where it is?" Thomas asked

"No, but Jorge knows a guy. Marcus. He used to smuggle kids off the mountains." Brenda said as she found a box blocking the vent below them.

Brenda continued, "If he made it out, that's where he took your friends."

"If he made it out?" Thomas asked her

"You know, you ask a lot of questions." Brenda said to Thomas

"That's why we're together." Mia said to Brenda. "And yeah, that sounds like Thomas."

Brenda asked them, "Can you guys come over here, and help me out with this, please?"

"Well, she said the magic word." Mia said as Thomas and Mia walked over to Brenda. Once they opened up the vent, they heard a loud noise coming from underneath.

Mia said, "Well, that doesn't sound relaxing."

Brenda said, "Yeah, down here they will be full term. Let's go!"

Then they all jumped inside one by one. As they were looking around with flashlights on their hands, Brenda said, "I think it's this way."

As Thomas and Mia were following Brenda, Thomas whispered to Mia, "She thinks?"

Mia whispered back, "I like her a lot better than Teresa, okay? Because she knows this place and she's doing something about the problems happening around us. Besides, I trust her, you should too."

"Speaking of trust, you trust Jorge more than anything, Brenda. Why is that?" Mia asked Brenda

"Is Jorge, your father?" Thomas asked

Brenda answered, "Close enough. The truth is I don't really know who he is but he's always been there. And I've always done whatever he asked me to do. No matter how stupid."