{13} The Power Couple

3rd Person POV

"Go." Thomas told them and Jorge replied, "Good luck, kids."

Jorge told Brenda, "Brenda, we have to go. Come on. Come on."

Brenda looks at Mia with eyes full of worry and concern. "It's okay, Brenda. We're going to be okay. Go before it's too late." Mia replied letting go of Thomas's hand.

Brenda sighed getting up as herself and Jorge started to run back. Mia and Thomas look at the bag and back at each other. Mia grabs a gun and checks the load to see if it was full. She puts it in the back of her pants hiding in underneath her top. She also grabs a dagger putting it secretly hidden in her jacket.

Thomas grabs his items and Mia asked, "You sure about this?"

"I'm sure." Thomas nodded and said, "Mia, I love you."

Mia's eyes started to become watery, "And I love you, Tom."

They both stood up and walked slowly hand in hand where the others were. The soldiers started to check the people who were kneeling and in rows.

"How many did we get?" Janson asked and the guy replied, "All of them. Give or take."

Janson questioned, "Give or take what?"

"Well, they lost a few." The guy responded

Janson asked looking around, "Where's Thomas and Mia?"

"Right here." Thomas and Mia said in unison with their hands up.

The soldier ordered, "Freeze!"

"Calm down, dumbass. We're already here." Mia retorted back rolling her eyes

The soldier pushed them forward, "Go!"

Mia and Thomas look at each other with their hands up. Mia and Thomas both stopped walking as they stood in front of Janson.

"Look what we have here." Janson commented looking at Thomas and Mia.

"The Power Couple."

He hits Thomas in the stomach. Mia hits Janson headbutting him and said, "Try that again, rat face."

The soldiers grab both Thomas and Mia as Janson said putting a hand on his head, "Get them in line."

They held their arms behind their backs making them kneel on the ground. Mia was kneeling in between Minho and Thomas. "Son of a bitch." Mia said quietly

Minho asked, "Why didn't you guys run?"

"You don't turn your back on family." Mia told him as she turned her head looking at him. "You guys are the only people I have left. I need you. All of you."

They started to hear a helicopter come in, looking up at the sky. They put their hands out in front of them as the sand was being spread around them. The helicopter lands in front of them. The door opened revealing guards and Dr. Ava Paige.

Mia whispered to Thomas, "Isn't she the one who broke us apart?"

"Yeah." Thomas whispered nodding his head

Dr. Ava Paige asked Janson, "Is this all of them?"

"Most of them." Janson responded. "It'll be enough."

Dr. Ava Paige ordered, "Start loading them in."

"Yes, Ma'am." Janson replied then called out, "You heard her! Come on, get 'em on!"

Mia and Thomas both were ordered to stand up by the soldiers. Dr. Ava Paige told the soldiers to bring Mia and Thomas to her. The soldiers pushed Mia and Thomas to stand in front of her. They were already holding hands.