Chapter 3

*4 months later*
All the Avengers are back together again. Tony forgave Steve, Steve forgave Tony, and so on. Soon, we are going back to missions, that is whenever Fury calls is for one. Tony wanted me and Steve to move back in the Avengers Tower, but Steve and I liked his apartment in Brooklyn better. Yes, I moved in with him. We were seeing each other everyday, and almost all my clothes were at his house, so why not?  Anyways, all the Avengers know that we're dating. They was actually waiting for it to happen, supposedly. Clint and Laura we're happy to know that I finally found somebody, and were even happier that it was Steve. Cooper and Lila now call Steve "Uncle Steve," it's cute. Little Nathaniel has gotten so big since the last time I saw him. I'm still trying to get him to say my name, but it hasn't really worked out. Right now Steve and I are sitting on the couch. His arm wrapped around my waist, my head is into his side, and my hand on his chest. It's all so peaceful, until my phone rings. It's Fury, of course. "Hello," I say with a sigh. "Natasha, I need you and Steve to do a mission for me," "Okay, where and when?" I'm so irritated right now. "Stalingrad, Russia, and now. We have suspicions of another Red Room project. I need you two to check it out, and shut it down." Fear started entering my body. Red Room project? Again? I don't want to go back there, it's to much. I don't think I can do this, but I guess I have to. "Alright on it, but I want to do this alone." I don't want Steve involved in this. If something happens to him I won't be able to forgive myself. "No Romanoff, it's too dangerous," "But-" "No! Either you go with Steve or I'll find someone else to do this mission!" "Yes sir," "Good your flight is at 5:30. I suggest you hurry up and get there." And he hung up. I wanted to break down, and cry. Not only do I have to go back to that hellhole, but I have to drag Steve there with me. What if he gets hurt? "Natasha, are you okay?" "Just fine, Rogers," "Sure you are, what did Fury want?" " We have a mission," " Okay what about?" "Red Room is doing another program. Fury wants us to check it out, find out what exactly they are doing, and shut it down." I said with a sad smile. "Oh, so that's why your upset. You know you don't have to go. I know how hard this must be for you. I'll call Fury back, and see if he can partner me up with someone else so you won't have to go." He's so thoughtful. "No, I have to go. I know more about the Red Room then anybody." "Yea but-" "I said no! You could get killed if I'm not there!" I was so close to crying. I definitely lost my touch. "Natasha, I could get killed anytime I'm on a mission. Even if you were there." I glared at him. "Are you saying I can't protect you?" "No, but you don't need to." "Why not? That's what you and I do! We protect each other!" "Natasha I just don't want you to have to go through that!" I let out a frustrated sigh, "Well, it doesn't matter because I'm going," "Okay. You said we have to leave now should we start packing?" "Yea, I guess." We packed our clothes, and uniforms. We weren't going to need disguises, it is supposed to be a quick mission. We get there, get information, and blow the place up. We are going to stay in the hotel for a day to look over the files Fury sent me on my phone. The car ride was silent. All I kept thinking about is what could go wrong. Steve could die, they could capture me and turn me back into a killer, or they could capture both of us and turn us into killers. We arrived at the airport, gave them our tickets, and got on the plane.

I want to have more pages but sometimes I get stuck and I just end it there. But I feel like it's not enough. Does anyone actually like this story? Because honestly I don't even know if I like it and I'm writing it! 😂 please comment and let me know!
-Abra