Chapter 14

Bright lights burn my eyes. They finally adjusted and I looked at where I was. One of the hospital rooms in the tower. I look over and Steve was sitting beside me, holding my hand. "Steve," I croaked. "Natasha," got up, and kissed my forehead. "How long have I been out?" I asked. "Two days, you've lost a lot of blood," he answered. I started to get up and unhook the wires, but Steve was trying to stop me. "Natasha, you don't need to be up right now," he said worriedly. "Steve, I've been through worse, and besides I was just going to go to our room and lay down," I huffed. "Fine, but at least let me help you down there." He pestered. "Now that wouldn't bother me," I smiled. He helped me unhook the wires, and gently helped me off the bed. We walked down to our room and I sat on the couch. "Do you want anything to eat?" He asked. "If you don't mind," I am starving. "What would you like?" He asks. "A sandwich is fine," I told him. I try to find us something to watch while he fixes it. I finally pick Redrum to watch. I love watching murder mysteries. Steve walks back into the living room, hands me my sandwich, and sits right next to me. "So do you want to start planning the wedding," he says as he plays with my hair. "Well I would like to have it in the summer," I told him. "Inside or outside?" He questioned. "What do you want? It's your wedding too," I chuckled. "Whatever you want is fine with me," he smiled. "Your cheesy," I laughed. "Yea, but you love it," he taunted. "If you say so," I smirked. He laughed and kissed my forehead. "So, the date?" He asked. "How about June the 16th?" I asked making sure it was okay with him. "Hmm, that sounds perfect," he smiled. "It's also, not that far away so, we probably need to get started." I told him. In fact, it wasn't that far away. It was five months away. I'll ask Laura to help me.

********
I invited Laura over to talk about the wedding details. We only have three months left and we haven't even started. "I'm mad at you for starting to do this so late," she told me. "Well, I'm sorry I've been busy," I told her. "Too busy to plan for your own wedding?","sorry" I apologized. "Have you even went dress shopping?" She asked. I looked at her. "You've got to be kidding me Nat!" She chuckled. "I'm sorry! I've been busy with missions," I complained. "You know there are more superheroes than just you," she smiled. "Yea, but none of them are as good as me," I smirked. "Gosh, you sound just like Clint," she laughed.

********
Dress shopping
"Nat, that looks gorgeous on you!" Laura gasped. "I don't know,"I said unsure. "Okay, well the other one is the last one so," Laura stated. I went back into the dressing room and slipped on the last dress. It was stunning. It was a tight fit, sleeveless, and it opens at the back. My curves look real good in it too. I walk outside of the dressing room to show Laura. "That looks absolutely stunning on you!" She gasped. "Thanks, I like it too," I smiled. "So, that's the one you want?" She asks while drinking a glass of wine. "This is the one," I exclaimed. Three more months and I will finally be Mrs. Rogers.