Chapter 18

I woke up with a headache and dizzy. My arms and legs are trapped to a long chair that looks like it's from a dentist's  office. I look around the room and there's some torturing devices right beside me. I look the other way and I find a camera watching my every move. Whoever is watching must know that I am up because I hear footsteps walking towards the door. The door opened and a man with brown hair wearing an all black suit walked in. "Nice of you to join us Mrs. Romanoff, or is it Mrs. Rogers now?" He smirked. "Who are you and what do you want?" I spat.

"I'm Adrian Ernst and what I want is your husband," he smirked. My eyes went wide. This is Adrian? The guy who's trying to hurt Steve?

"And exactly how are you going to get him to come here?" I can already tell this is about to be bad. He smiled darkly and came close to me.

"By hurting the one he loves the most." He started walking away as I blacked out.

**********
Steve's POV

I'm panicking. Nat has been gone for hours and I can't find her anywhere. I've called and texted her but she won't answer. Right now Tony is hacking into the street cameras to see where she went.

"Steve, I have some bad news," he frowned as I looked at him worriedly. "Natasha was kidnapped," I ran over to his computer to see for myself. "Do you recognize them?" Tony asked pointing at the men who was dragging Natasha in a van. "No, never seen them,"

"Friday, run some face scans please," Tony asked. "No, profiles found," Friday replied. "Dammit!" I yelled. "Steve calm down, we'll find her," Tony tried reassuring me. "He is right, we have to have patience," Thor told me.

Suddenly all the power went out in the tower. "What the hell?" Tony shouted. "What is happening?" Thor asked panicking. "I-" Tony started. The power came back on but Tony's computer screen started fuzzing. "Hello, Captain Rogers," a voice spoke. Then the computer screen showed a woman unconscious, but her wrists had chains on them. I hope that's not who I think it is.

I man walked in the same room as the woman and continued speaking to us. "I am Adrian Ernst and I'm gonna need a favor." I gritted my teeth. "What makes you think I'll do anything for you?"

In the background, I could see the woman start waking up. "Because if you don't, I'll just hurt your wife," he nodded at someone in the corner of the room and they came out with a switch in their hands.

He started hitting Natasha with it. "Okay! Stop! I'll do whatever you need me to! Leave her alone!" I shouted. The man stopped hitting Natasha and walked back into the corner. Their was blood everywhere.

"That's what I thought. Now I want you to trade your life for your wife's. I will send you the location and you come here alone in the next 24 hours or she dies."

Alone? Of course I could tell this was a trap. But I can't have Natasha die.

"Don't do it Steve! It's a trap!" Natasha shouted. The man out of the corner whipped her again. "Deal, send me your location," I said quickly.

My phone beeped and the location popped up.
"See you soon Captain Rogers." The screen cut off.

"What are you thinking?" Tony started yelling. "What? I can't leave Natasha there!" I said.

"But you can not go alone," Thor sided with Tony. "I have to! If I don't he'll kill her!" I shouted. "You'll die! Can't you see it's a trap!" Tony yelled.

"Of course I do! But what do you want me to do? Huh? "

"Lets figure something out first!" Tony insisted. "I don't have time," I said as I walked out.
********
I arrived at the location he sent me. It was just an abandoned factory. My guess is he's not going to be here for long. It's too obvious of a place. I started to walk to the door when six armed men came out. "Stop!" One of them yelled. I did what they told me and one of them came over and handcuffed me with stronger metal. Then they pushed me to continue to walk in the building, while they followed guns to my head.

I walked in and I saw Natasha on the ground, unconscious. "Natasha!" I yelled as I struggled to run to her. "Nat can you hear me?" I worried. But nothing, I could at least see that she was breathing.

"I'm so glad you could follow my orders Captain," Adrain said as he came out of a room. "You have what you want, now let her go!" I hissed.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. My little project is gonna need the both of you,"

Without warning, something broke in one of the windows and started shooting. It was Tony in the Iron Man suit.

"What are you doing?" I shouted. We were greatly outnumbered. They might hurt Natasha more because of this.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm saving your dumbass!"

Then Thor broke in and started taking down more of the guards. But he had something else in his other hand. It was my Shield!

He came over to me, broke the handcuffs with my shield, and handed it to me. "I believe you might have forgotten something," he smiled.

I took my shield and started to help fight but trying to stay close to Natasha because she was still unconscious.

We fought all the guards but Adrian was no longer there. He had left while all of us were fighting. I tried to go find him but Thor stopped me.

"Stark has already went to go get him," he assured me. I walked over to Natasha and bent down so I can feel her pulse.

"Her pulse is weakening, she's lost too much blood. We have to hurry," I said.

"Aye, go ahead and take the quinjet home. Stark and I will fly back," he replied.

I nodded and picked up Natasha. I ran back to the quinjet and laid Natasha down on one of the medical beds.
***********
Natasha's POV

Darkness. Complete darkness that's what's around me. I hear voices but I can't make out who's. So I'm not dead, right?
~~~~~~~~

I finally got away from the darkness. I figured out where I was too. The Avengers Tower in the medical center. I look beside me and Steve's in a chair asleep. You could tell he is uncomfortable, but I know he didn't want to leave me.

My whole back feels like it's on fire because of the whippings I got. This is nothing compared to what the Red Rooms punishment was, so I'll get used to it in a few.

Tony came in, he saw me awake and smiled. "Hey, how do you feel?" He said concerned.

"Just peachy," I said sarcastically and he rolled his eyes. "You know he'll never let you out of his sight again," he said nodding his head towards Steve.

"He'll get over it," I chuckled.
"Get over what?" Steve asked waking up.

"Oh nothing," Tony replied. "I'll leave you two alone for a minute," he said as he walked out of the door.

"You are never getting food by yourself anymore."I laughed at his remark. Even though I knew he wasn't being serious.

"Just promise me you'll be more careful next time," he said as he held my hand. "I promise," I smiled and he kissed my hand.

"Now, what happened to Adrian?" I asked him. "Tony took care of him, don't worry." He told me.

"When can I leave?" He smiled and said "As soon as your back looks healed enough to go."

I nodded and scooted over to make room for him. He laid beside me and I put my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.