Chapter 21

I woke up to a rainy morning. I don't even remember falling asleep. I must've been so tired from all the crying. But I know Steve didn't come to bed last night. His side of the bed is still fixed.

My stomach started growling, so I decided it was time to get up. I walked into the kitchen to Steve leaning against the counter drinking, to what I'm assuming, coffee. I didn't say anything. I walked right passed him to get a bowl so I could fix me some cereal. I started pouring my cereal when he spoke. "Natasha we have to talk about this," he sighed. "There's nothing to talk about," I argued.

"You can't go through with this. You'll die," he said softly. "I'm not killing my child Steve."

"You won't even live to see it! If you want a child so bad then fine, we'll adopt one! Please just listen to me!" He shouted. I was very surprised Steve never rose his voice.

He doesn't understand. I have too much red in my ledger killing my own child would just make it worse.

"I said no Steve!" I yelled. "Alright then fine, but you tell me this. When you die, whose gonna take care of it?" My eyes went wide. What does he mean by that?

"That's why it has you. This is your child too Steve." I told him.

"No. Do you honestly think I could love it or even take care of it, if it killed you? No I won't, Natasha."

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. Would he really do that? To his own child?

"Nat, I can't watch you die. Please," He begged.
"You won't have to," I said as I walked to our room. I grabbed a bag out of the closet and started packing.

"What are you doing?" He asked confused. "You said you didn't want to watch me die, so I'm making it easier for you," I told him. 

"Nat, you know that's not what I meant. You can't just leave."

"Well I am. Call me when you decide you want to be supportive." I said as I grabbed my bag and walked out the door.

**********
I decided to stay at the Avengers Tower that way if I needed Helen she would be there. Tony and Wanda found out of course, and they begged me not to go through with it. After they seen that nothing would change my mind they stopped.

I haven't heard from Steve. I want to talk to him but I'm not giving in. He obviously made his choice and doesn't need me anymore. It's fine, I can't be stressed about it. Stress isn't good for the baby.

**********

It's been a couple of weeks since I left Steve. He still hasn't called me and I haven't called him. I'm nine weeks pregnant but we're both doing okay. Helen said my problems won't really start until the baby gets bigger. I'm still not gaining any weight though, I keep throwing all my food back up.

I walked out of the main room and went into mine. He was there. He was sitting on the couch with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands. I shut the door a little loudly so that he knew I was there. He stuck his head up, and when he saw me he quickly stood up.

"We need to talk," he said sadly. "What's there to talk about? You already said you didn't want to be apart of this," I replied.

"I just don't want to see you die Nat. You're everything to me and I don't wanna lose you."

"And you're everything to me, but so is this baby. I can't kill it.... I won't kill it."

"Natasha, please, what am I going to do without you?" He begged

"Raise our child. It's as simple as that."