Cinders & Gold ◇ Theory

♠chapter six♠
THEORY

•••

The time that Valeriana had thought she was going to die, was one of the most scariest things to ever happen to her.

And that same feeling coursed through her heart as Zion continued laying motionless, not responding.

"Z-Zion?" She stuttered. "Can you hear me?"

No sign of movement. Not even a twitch.

Valeriana hastily took his limp hand and squeezed it gently, "If you can hear me, squeeze my hand."

Nothing.

"Please." She didn't know what else to do, and resorted to pleading.

All of a sudden, Tamara barged into the room, "I heard yelling!" She exclaimed, holding a piece of chicken leg and swinging it around.

Tamara's eyes scanned the room, and her eyes landed on Corvan who stood oddly still next to the door.

"Oh." Tamara said once she saw the first ranker in Valeriana's room.

Her eyes trailed to the floor, and she saw Val crouching next to a motionless Zion, causing her eyes to widen at the scene. "Oh."

The third ranker's eyes caught sight of two different colored gloves, and her shock was as obvious as daylight.

"Oh." The situation dawned on her.

"Corvan, don't just stand there!" Valeriana almost yelled at the Arlandian heir.

He hurriedly trudged forward toward where Zion lay, and placed a hand under his head, slowly and carefully lifting it to examine it.

Valeriana was too panicked to notice the uneasy expression that Corvan had on his face.

"I'll call Genevieve." He said, and quickly stood up, heading towards the door. He brushed past Tamara who was giving him a scrutinizing gaze.

"What just happened?" Tamara asked Val, who was worriedly staring at Zion.

"I don't know." Val grabbed fistfuls of her hair, "Heck, I don't even know! It just sort of happened and I tried stopping them—"

"OK, Val, you need to calm down." Tamara told her, "I can't understand anything you're saying with you sniffing after every word."

Valeriana stared back at Tamara, a shocked expression on her face. She wiped at a stray tear, not even realizing that she was crying.

As the fifth ranker was about to calm down, heavy footsteps were heard resonating on the corridor.

"TAMARA! I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T GIVE BACK MY—" Keelan stopped short before he could pass by Val's door.

His eyes zeroed in on Tamara and without a second thought, Keelan launched himself towards her.

"GIVE. BACK. MY—"

"Hey! Hey!" Tamara stretched out her hand away from his reach, "Can't you read the room here?"

"What atmosph— Oh!" Keelan stopped once he saw Valeriana and Zion.

A concerned look washed over Keelan's face. He forgot about his chicken leg momentarily he went towards the two. "What happened?"

Valeriana had no idea how to explain what happened. Explaining would waste precious time, "Let's just take him to the infirmary."

"No, wait." Keelan told her. "We have to be sure what kind of injuries he's sustained so that we can move him appropriately." He paused, "Has anyone called for Genevieve? She might help with this a little bit."