Cinders & Gold ◇ Kylon's Request

cover by Gabi_Dee

♠chapter ten♠KYLON'S REQUEST

♠chapter ten♠
KYLON'S REQUEST

•••

Valeriana struggled with the weight of books that Charles handed over to her as she made her way back to the Twelve's residences.

"Ugh!" She groaned at the mass of all the books she was carrying while slowly dragging her feet. Her annoying nature of complaining began to course through her. "Are all these books even necessary? They're so damn heavy! What kind of Ball needs information from ten books? It's not like-"

"Valeriana!" A familiar voice called behind her, causing the honey-golden blonde to slowly turn towards the source of direction.

A smile made its way on her face as she saw the man. "Headmaster Kylon."

The albino headed towards her. "Greetings, Valeriana." His eyes strayed toward the books she was carrying questioningly.

Val caught his line of gazing and simply said. "Charles. Autumn Ball planning and all."

The headmaster nodded in understanding. "I do hope you're aware of the Gathering that I requested."

The fifth ranker nodded. "Yeah. I was just going to inform the others in case they weren't aware."

"Good." Headmaster Kylon said and fell into step with her. "Need a hand?" He nodded towards the bulk of books in her hands.

Valeriana shot him an appreciative smile as he took some of the books, seemingly reducing the weight she had.

As they headed towards the Twelve's Residences, Charles' voice came behind them before the atmosphere could turn awkward.

"Sorry for the delay, Valeriana," he said, and both the fifth ranker and the headmaster turned towards him.

"Headmaster." Charles acknowledged Kylon with a respectful nod, to which the albino beamed back at him. "Let me help you with those." Charles offered.

"Is this about the Ball? Is that why you've requested a Gathering?" The fourth ranker asked.

Kylon nodded. "Yes, of course. I'd like for some changes and a few additions when it comes to the preparations."

Charles hummed. "I see."

The three of them walked in silence until they reached the residences. Kylon knocked on the door and moments later, Aneeka appeared.

Her eyes widened. "Headmaster Kylon!" She stepped aside to let him in. He was closely followed by the two rankers carrying a bunch of books.

Once the ninth ranker had closed the door behind them, Kylon stood in the middle of the room and frowned. "Not everyone is here?"

The members present, save for Valeriana, Charles and Aneeka, were Elfre, Rowe, Brindon, Tamara and Keelan. The rankers wore confused looks at the sudden appearance of the headmaster.