Just My Luck

"Hey!" Teresa screams in my ear before pulling me into a hug.

"Hi." I say opening my locker. I glance over at her and see a frown on her face.

"What's wrong with you?" She asks.

"Nothing." I smile trying to play it off. She knows me too well, she knows I'm lying.

"It's wrong to lie ya know?" She argues looking at me and trying to make eye contact. I stare at my books and pretend not to notice.

"Alex, tell me I'm your best friend. No secrets!" She growls.

I give up and face her. "My dad okay its my dad." I slam the locker shut before scurrying off to class. I turn around before going inside the classroom. Teresa just stands there a frown appears on her face. I feel bad but I didn't want to talk about it and she forced me.

I walk in and am about to take my seat when I see someone already there. Wait either I'm dreaming or Nathan Wright is in my seat. I give him a confused look before mumbling "Um this is my assigned seat."

"And?" He says staring at his paper. I see a big fat f on it and I have to bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing. He finally looks up at me and a mischievous grin appears on his face.

"And I need you to move. Now." I say giving him the death glare. He laughs at this and slowly gets up. I smile satisfied with the fact that I won this argument. To my surprise however, he doesn't walk to the back of the classroom and sit with his friends, he sits in the seat next to mine.

"What are you doing?" I ask, the words tumbling out of my mouth before I could stop them. He looks at me and smiles.

"I got moved from the back of the class. Calm down I'm not trying to sit next to you."

I just look at him and shake my head before sitting down. "I know that, you just never sit somewhere other than the back of the class. Also I can't say that I enjoy your company that much so I was trying to get you to move." I argue.

"Oh come on you know you enjoy my presence." He laughs.

I scoff at this "You wish!"

The bell rings and class has started. However that doesn't stop him from talking.

"You know you want all this." He says running a hand through his dirty blonde hair. I gasp and turn away from him as he laughs.

"Nathan Wright! I thought moving you from the back of the classroom would keep you quiet! Do I have to tape your mouth shut?" Mrs. Johnson screams from her desk. I bite the inside of my cheek to keep myself from smiling. I find myself in a coughing fit to keep me from laughing.

"Ms. Cooper, do I need to move you too?" She says staring at me. My coughing fit comes to an end and I stare back not smiling any more.

"No ma'am." I say looking down. I hear quiet laughs coming from around the room. One in particular seems to make me tick, out of all the laughs it had to be his. Nathan Wright's.

The class soon ends and I exit with Nathan following me. This is weird, we haven't ever had a proper conversation;ya know without arguing and now he is stalking me. He and I walk to my locker and find Teresa there. She gives me a confused look but after seeing the mischievous smile on Nathan's face her lips curve into a smile. I turn towards him "Can I help you?"

"Relax Cooper, I came to talk to Teresa." He laughs.

I look over at Teresa who gives me the same blank look.

"Can I help you?" She repeats, copying my previous words.

"Yes. Ethan said he wanted to invite you to an arcade."

"Who's us?" She replies.

"Ethan, you, me, and whoever I decide to take with me."

I keep shoving books in my locker while they speak. I have nothing to do with the conversation and don't plan on just standing there awkwardly.

"I don't want to be the only girl!" She screeches. Suddenly I find both their eyes on me. I look at them scared for what's next and the evil smirk they share doesn't help.

"Hey Cooper you want to come with?"

"Not real-"

"She'd love to! Thanks Nathan!" Teresa cuts me off. I try to speak but am silenced again. "Come on it will be fun, plus you need to get out of the house more."

"Fine." I say not wanting to argue. I am already tired and still have to make it through the day.

Great I'm going to have to spend more time with the meat head. Two meat heads actually, ugh just my luck.