Home Sweet Home

Victoria and I arrive to our house. It's a fairly large house, to others however it's nothing compared to their 'gorgeous humble homes'. Ugh some people just disgust me. We walk inside and I find my father sitting on the couch. He was on the phone obviously in a deep conversation with someone. Work I presume.

"Hey dad!" I say walking over towards the couch.

"H-hey girls." He says waving us off. "Um can we talk later I'm busy."

"Yeah sure." I sigh turning towards my sister who is now in the kitchen. She gives me a small smile and I return the favor.

I walk downstairs to my bedroom. Most people would hate living in the basement. I however love the silence and isolation from people. I have everything I need down here; a secret stash of food in the back of my closet and a huge pile of books on my desk. What more could a person want? I mean other than the perfect life, perfect family, and the perfect person. Unlike most people, I stopped hoping and dreaming along time ago. I hear a knock on my door and turn my attention towards it.

"Hey? You okay, you seemed sort of out of it today." Victoria asks entering my room. She walks over to my bed and lays down putting her head at the end of the bed and her legs on my pillows.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I say joining her. She looks at me giving me a concerned look as if she was saying are you sure. I nod my head to reassure her once more. Although I'm not quite sure myself. I turn my attention to the ceiling fan, I watch it move in circles.

"Okay." She sighs giving up. "You do know he cares though, right?"

"Yeah, I know, it just doesn't seem like it." I turn my head to face her.

"I know, but he does, he loves us okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you lil sis." Her eyes meet mine and her face lights up with a bright smile. "I love you too, big sis." I say smiling back.

For the rest of the day we lay there in peace, staring up at the ceiling getting lost in our thoughts. Soon enough she goes upstairs and into to her room to sleep. I sit by my window and stare out it. I find my eyes starting to water as tears flow from them. I quickly wipe them away. Something's never change.

The next morning I awoke to my alarm buzzing on my bed side table. I slowly sit up wrapping a blanket around my shoulders. The alarm still buzzing makes me want to scream. I reach for it and quickly shut it off.

After a couple of minutes of debating weather or not I should get up, I finally find the urge to go take a shower. On my way to the bathroom I grab my clothes. It may still be summer but I have a weird obsession with sweaters. I decided on wearing my white sweater and blue ripped jeans.

I walk into the bathroom and turn the shower on. While I wait for it to heat up I go through my phone to find a good station; Twenty One Pilots will have to do. They are actually my favorite band, no one understands my life but I feel like they do.

A couple minutes later I see the mirror starting to fog. I jump into the shower and wash up keeping my hair up so I wouldn't have to blow dry it. Once my shower is over I get dressed and tie my hair into a ponytail.

I walk downstairs and see my dad and Victoria in the kitchen. I hear someone talking but I can't make out what they are saying.

"Hey guys!" I say taking a seat next to Victoria.

"Morning." She sighs her face showing a frown. I look at her confused until I understand. My dad was on the phone again, arguing with someone from work.

"Y-yes, yes I understand that but can't you just-" my dad argues. He then slams his fist on the table and Victoria and I jump. "I have to get to work. Have a good day at school. Bye girls." He calls from the garage.

"Well you ready for school?" I sigh.

"Yeah let me just get my phone." She says before disappearing into her room. She comes back after a few seconds and we head to the garage.

As she drives I notice she hasn't let go of her phone. Why does she always have to be so clingy to that thing. We arrive shortly and I get out. I see Teresa waving at me from across the parking lot.

"Just one year away from getting out of this hell hole." Victoria smiles shaking her head.

"Sadly two for me."
______________________________________
Authors note

Sorry this isn't much, I just wanted you to learn a little about her life. More will be revealed later, thank you to anyone who is reading. Please comment and give me your opinion it will help me get better and become a better author. Thanks again.