Over it

"Alright class is dismissed." Mr. Johnson yelled.

"Hey gorgeous." Ethan smiled leaning over the desk to Teresa.

"Hey handsome." She replied leaning in as well.

I gasped and slapped the both of them. That is our thing I spat. I took Teresa's hand and pulled her over to me.

"She is mine, back off." I stuck my tongue out.

"How dare you? Theif!" Ethan cried.

Nathan stood there and watched us. I could see a small smile appear on his lips. He leaned back on the desk and watched us before turning towards the door and leaving.

"I would never abandon my love." Teresa said dramatically grabbing my hand tighter, pulling me back into the conversation. I laughed and held our hands up falling into the dramatic play myself.

*Nathan's POV*

I watched as they laughed and talked. I wish I could become a part of that again but ever since I left its like I'm no longer welcome. Although, Shorty does a pretty good job at showing that I'm wanted here. If it weren't for her, I'd probably still be in bed right now, hiding from society.

I turned to look away from them and over towards the door. I saw Nick standing there talking to some of the guys. He glared at me and began to walk out. I followed him out and down the hallway. He seemed to notice me and stopped at his locker.

"What do you want Wright?" He muttered.

"To talk."

"I'm not gonna waste my time listening to your bullshit."

"I wasn't asking."

"What get kicked off the team and suddenly have no care in the world anymore?"

I clenched my fists and began to tower over him. I held myself back from punching him in the face but I wanted him to know I wasn't scared.

"Oh look Mr. I have been gone for 7 weeks finally has the guts to face his fears."

I huffed but still couldn't allow myself to hurt him, because in reality I'd be hurting Shorty.

"Man did I seriously piss you off that much just by dating your little crush?" I now had him pinned to the locker my fists nearing his face. "If you're this angry already I can't imagine how angry you were the night of our first date."

I stopped and left out a soft chuckle. "And I wonder how angry you were later that day on our first date." I lowered my fist but not before slamming him back into the locker. I turned away beginning to head back to our group. I became face to face with all of them.

They all seemed shocked. I frowned and sighed. I tried to ignore it and walk away but one face in particular caught my attention. Shorty.

Her eyes were filled to the brim with tears and I could tell she was trying so hard not to give in to the tears. I opened my mouth begging for the right words to come out but then closed it shortly after. She walked past me Teresa following in her footsteps. Ethan looked at me and sighed following them as well.

I pushed past everyone, my anger getting the best of me. I jumped in my car and sped away. I didn't care anymore, I couldn't. I don't know what to do anymore.

*Alex's POV*

I walked with them to Ethan's car crying a little. They offered to give me a ride home since Nathan was in too much of a hurry to leave.

I sat in the backseat and stared out the window. Why can't they just get along. I don't know why or what they were arguing about but I'm over it.

"Are you ready to go shopping?" Teresa suggested looking in the backseat.

Still staring out the window, I shrugged. I glanced over to the front of the school and saw Nick talking to some people.

"You guys go ahead and go. I'm gonna go talk to him." I say getting out of the car and walking over to him.

"Um, hey can we talk?" I ask looking over at his friends.

"I'm kind of busy right now Alex." He sighed. All of his friends laughed but one who seemed genuinely sorry.

"Nick, please." I begged. He sighed and agreed. We walk over to the football field and sit outside the gates by the bleachers.

"What's up Alex?"

"Are we okay?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Us, are we okay? We don't even seem like a relationship anymore. Just two people with a title." I began to cry as the words were released from my mouth.

"Alex, I really like you. I don't know lately with him being here it's like I have competition." He was finally looking at me, sadness and frustration filled his eyes.

"He is no competitor. I only want you Nick." I smiled softly leaning in towards him. I placed my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"You want a ride home Alex?" He smiled.

"Yeah I'd like that." He grabbed my hand helping me up and walking us over to his car.

We drove for a little while just laughing and talking before he took me home. We pulled up in my driveway to see Teresa and Ethan waiting outside. I walked over to them but not before turning towards Nathan's house. His car was outside so I at least knew he was home.

"Hey, I see you two made up?" She hoped.

"Yeah." I smiled holding Nick's hand.

"Well that's great and all but I'm stealing your girl. We need to go do something." She smiled grabbing my hand and dragging me inside.

"Where are we going?" I laughed.

"Shopping!" She screeched pulling me to the garage. I laughed and followed her. We got into the car and drove off.