Who Are You

I bite the hand that was covering my mouth. When they move their hand I hear a faint scream. I turn around to find Teresa holding her hand laughing but obviously in pain.

"You butt head!" She cries while tears of joy flow down her cheeks. I ignore her immature comments and just look at her. Her blonde hair is tied in a perfect braid with loose strands hanging around her face. Her bright red shirt and ripped jeans makes me wonder how people can call her a nerd. Other than her nerdy personality, she is perfect. Well perfect in a way that I can't understand. In my opinion she is perfect but the way that my fellow students think, she isn't close. You see here in highschool you must dress slutty, be hot, and apparently really rude. Teresa is beautiful, dresses nice, and has an amazing personality. If that's not perfect I dont know what is. Teresa stares at me intently for a moment until I awake from my daze.

"Huh what?" I ask looking at her as she gives me a small frown.

"I said, aren't you going to get to class? The bell rang five minutes ago!" She practically yells. My eyes widen as I look at the clock. She laughs pulling me along with her as we enter history. I can feel Mrs. Hernandez staring at me intently as we make our way to the back of classroom and sit down.

"Alexis Cooper and Teresa James would you care to explain why you are late?" She yells motioning with her hands for us to speak.

I look at Teresa who was looking back at me with the same blank look. 'What do we do?' She mouths and I shrug.

"I'm waiting?" She growls.

"We were at my locker. It was jammed and Teresa came to help me but it made us late class. Sorry." I say quickly looking down. I hate speaking in front of people. I basically hate attention, maybe I'm socially awkward, or maybe I'm just plain weird. Whatever it is, is just me, and my personality. I glance over at Teresa who is talking to her fellow class mates. She is so unlike me. Her bubbly personality overpowers her nerdy side. Most people like her, expect for your preppy highschool girls. She is something else. The teacher who was once giving us the death stare doesn't seem to bother her at all. She ignores it and goes on with her life. While I try and pay as much attention as possible and remain unnoticed.

I feel someone watching me but I shrug it off as the class continues. The last bell rings and I find my self being rushed out of the classrooms by Teresa.

"What?" I screech as we enter the crowed hallways. She pulls me toward her and screams in my ear. "Guess what!" She asks but it comes out as more of a command. I decide my question on her whereabouts will just have to wait till later.

"What?" I sigh opening my locker and averting my gaze from her and over to my large pile of books. I shove my history book in my locker and shut it.

Teresa and I make our way over to her locker. "I hung out with Ethan!" She smiles but tries to play it off like its nothing.

"Ethan? As in the Ethan; Ethan Harris." I yell getting weird looks from the students passing bye.

"Yes that Ethan. Now Shhh!" She says punching my shoulder.

I stare at her, she seems so happy. Ethan may be a jerk and a complete meat head but he sure knows how to make my best friend smile. She has been hanging out with him lately and I feel almost bad for her, she is falling hopelessly in love with this guy who doesn't feel anything for anyone. She always assures me that he is different with her, but I'm not sure if I should believe it.

Just then Teresa slams her locker door shut and stares at me. I realize my gray sweater is stuck in her locker.

"Hey!" I say tugging at my sweater but it won't budge.

"I will let you out when you tell me what I had been talking about." She argues.

I think about it for a moment not knowing what she had said.

"God Alex you day dream to much!" She sighs walking away.

"Where are you going? Help me!" I commanded.

"To the vending machine let me know when you figure it out." She yells walking away laughing.

I tug at the sweater one more time until I give up. I feel someone staring at me again but this time I know for sure that they are. I turn around to find none other than Nathan Wright staring at me smirking. I feel my palms start to sweat as I look into his light brown hazel eyes. His blonde hair suits his face, although it's pulled back a little by his black beanie. His bright pink cheeks make his tough personality go away. His jean hoodie fits him perfectly along with his black ripped jeans. Gosh why is he attractive. Stop Alex he is not cute he is just some meat head you'll get over. He looks over at the locker and back at me.

"Stuck?" He laughs.

"Um yeah." I murmur tugging at the sweater to show him.

He reaches for my sweater as his hand graciously brushes over mine. I stare at him awkwardly until I decide that looking down might make things better. He pulls on my sweater until it suddenly comes out.

"There." He smiles satisfied.

"Thanks." I blush not meaning to. I put my hand in my pockets trying to act casual but it comes off as weird. Like always.

What is wrong with me, never have I ever blushed because of some boy. Especially why did it have to be him Nathan Wright. A question pops into my head but I try not to think about it. Was Nathan the one staring at me earlier and if so why me?