Shopping

"So what do you think?" Teresa asked spinning out of the dressing room.

"You look beautiful as always, but I still like the blue one more." I urged. I hadn't found a dress myself yet. I guess I should say I havent tried. I'm happy Nick and I are doing well but he still hasn't asked me to homecoming.

"Okay well what about the red one?" She asked pointing to the huge pile of clothing.

"Ehh it doesn't pop enough." I shrugged.

"But red is my color." She whined.

"Let me go see what they have in stock." I said walking away.

I walked over to a rack of clothing searching through all of them. I couldn't find anything that popped. They all just looked plain. I felt a hand placed on my shoulder and turned to see Teresa.

She was standing there in a white dress with painted violet flowers on it. It had a tiny pice of the top that was cut out and was filled with string. The string crossed over her stomach separating the top from the skirt.

"Wow." I breathed.

"Thanks." She smiled.

I turned back around and continued to search through the clothing.

"Alex?" Teresa sighed.

"Hmm?"

"What's wrong?"

"I dont know.."

"Al, talk to me please?" She begged.

"I'm just upset about all this homecoming stuff and everything earlier today." I stopped searching and turned back around to face her.

"I know Al, but that's why I took you shopping, to get your mind off of all that."

"How is shopping for homecoming distracting me from the fact that I might not have a date to homecoming?"

"Trust me." She smiled pulling a dress out from behind her back. "When you put this on and see how beautiful you'll look with or without him you will become so much happier."

I sighed shaking my head but following her orders anyways. I stepped into the dressing room and turned towards the mirror.

"Here goes nothing." I whispered to myself.

I pulled my sweater above my head and my Jean's to my feet. Squeezing my eyes shut, I placed the dress over my head and let it slide down onto me. I opened my eyes reluctantly to look in the mirror.

"Wow." I gasped spinning around in the mirror. I'm not the fancy type of girl but Teresa was right, this somehow gave me all the confidence I needed.

I tilted my head up and straightened my back. I smiled and exited the dressing room with style. Stepping in front of Teresa, I spun around showcasing the dress.

"Wow. Within a minute this dress gave you the confidence you've been missing forever." She smiled grasping me in a hug.

"Ugh okay okay enough." I laughed lifting her arms of me slightly. She smiled and released me.

"So I think it's quite obvious that we are done shopping." I smirked " Sooo let's go get food!"

"Hmm fine, but you're buying." She laughed. I frowned but agreed.

We bought the dresses and headed out.